We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to avoid Nashville southbound

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
6 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Want to avoid Nashville southbound

We're heading south from Iowa to Florida and would love to avoid driving through Nashville. Does anyone have any routes that take back roads? Thanks.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

Is there a reason other than traffic that you don't want to go through Nashville? We travel through there, often, but just take the interstate home. We have never had an issue with the traffic, so if that is your concern then just try to time your travel at non peak hours. Honestly with all the big cities we travel through on a regular basis, Nashville is one of the better ones traffic wise. Good travels to you!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

I think we are rather "construction-free" now, which should make it an easy drive, as long as you avoid the typical rush hours.

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

I understand you not wanting to go threw Nashville! I drive in it all the time but do not take the highways. You have to keep trying to figure out what lane to get in before next split.

You could get off Hwy 24 at Pleasent View, take Hwy 49 to Dickson, Hwy 7 to Hwy 50 to Hwy 65.

There are smaller roads that would not take you out so far but harder to follow.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
6 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

Thanks so much for all of the great advice. Normally we drive one car, but this year I'm driving mine, so I'm just a little nervous about only having one set of eyes to watch traffic and follow directions. Thanks again.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

We were there this past week during rush hour traffic and, in my opinion, the traffic was not bad at all. Of course, I come from Boston traffic. I could only wish that the traffic here was that easy!

6. Re: Want to avoid Nashville southbound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 05:19