We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Nashville recommendations

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
397 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Nashville recommendations

My husband and I will be in Nashville the first weekend in November. This is a bit of a special getaway for us, and we're booked into the Hermitage. DH is a major music nerd (traditional, not really pop country), so we will be visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame and would like to go hear some music on Saturday or Sunday night. (thinking about the Bluebird Cafe??)

Any suggestions on nice restaurants for dinner/Sunday brunch downtown? Since we're away from the kid, we're looking for some places that are more upscale. Also if anyone has any good tips on other music clubs, or daytime places to visit, that would be great.

Thanks.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Nashville recommendations

The Palm is always a popular downtown, upscale restaurant. You may also want to consider Valentino's, which is on West End just south of downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Nashville recommendations

The Hermitage is a very nice hotel. You should enjoy your stay. The Bluebird Cafe is definitely a good choice for acoustic music. Go to www.bluebirdcafe.com for their schedule.

I agree that the Palm is a good, upscale restaurant. Celebrities pop up there quite a bit, too. My husband and I spent a few romantic meals at Valentino's, too. Good choices, both of them. I've heard good things about Sundown Cafe but have never been.

If your husband likes jazz at all (being a music lover), the Sunday live jazz brunch at Bosco's in Hillsboro Village is top notch. It's half way between downtown and the Bluebird Cafe on 21st. Definitely casual and relaxed, too. I love their omelets.

For music clubs downtown, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is a popular spot with tourists and locals alike.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Nashville recommendations

Since your husband likes traditional country, y'all have to go see Brazilbilly at Robert's (on Broadway). They play nothing but Marty Robbins/Hank Sr./Merle Haggard, etc. They play the late set (starting around 10 or 10:30) each Friday and Saturday night.