We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

Hi There!

I am taking 10 ladies to Nashville for our annual Customer Ladies Outing. We will be staying at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I am working on an itinerary and would like some help as I don't quite know the distances and types of transportation I can use from one place to another. Please review the below and make suggestions of what will and will not work.

PS: Ladies range in age from 27-53.

Wednesday - 7 PM Welcome dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse at Opryland Hotel

Thursday - Pink Ladies Tour (lunch somewhere) afternoon tour at Belle Meade Plantation with dinner .

Friday - Music Hall of Fame? (lunch somewhere) Dinner and show on the General Jackson Dinner Cruise

Saturday - Morning Spa day at hotel - free afternoon of shopping at hotel and dinner and show at the Grand Ole Opry.

Sunday - Depart.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

Hi!

Your driving proximities are reasonable for a schedule arranged the way it is. I assume you're booking a small bus or van to transport your guests. The only thing to add might be an alternative attraction like a shopping / lunch trip to Franklin on the southern edge of town, or an authentic country breakfast at Loveless Cafe south of Belle Meade.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

What type of shopping is on Franklin?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

Hi srlaries,

Friday: After the Hall of Fame and lunch, you may want to do a little window shopping up towards the historical Ryman Auditorium and do a quick tour. Or, a nice horse and buggy tour of downtown.

Saturday: Remind the ladies that there is a free shuttle to the Opry Mills Mall adjacent to the hotel. Lots of nice shops and restaurants. Also, check and see about a tour of the Grand Ole Opry House before you actually go to the Opry.

After your trip is over, please write back and let us all know what you did and how it went.

Have a blast!!

Bob

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

Franklin is a historic town with a couple of original Civil War plantation houses available for touring. One of them, Carnton, is chronicled in the factual novel "Widow Of The South" about the Mistress of the estate who was caught up in a major battle swirling around the property, cared for the wounded and dying, one of which she was purported to have fallen in love with, then spent the rest of her life caring for the hundreds of graves for which she provided room near the house and helping families locate missing soldiers. The cemetery is still there in view of the house. (More info than you asked for, Right?!) Shops lining the streets leading to the old town circle include some nice non chain ladies fashions, bunches of upscale gift & antique shops, coffee & ice cream shops, and some nice eateries. I like Zola's, a great "Little Italy" style place with good atmosphere and waitstaff - just as good at lunch as dinner. Travel time fromDowntown Nashville is barely more than 30 minutes.

5. Re: Customer Ladies Outing to Nashville in Late April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 05:16