We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville for 2 nights

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville for 2 nights

We will be coming into Nashville around mid afternoon on Mon14th June. I notice on another posting there is a CMA Festival 10-13th. First off, what is CMA? secondly, for the nights we are there would we have a problem getting 2 rooms? On the 15th our husbands want to drive up to Bowling Green for the Corvette Museum and Factory tour. Us 2 ladies will be staying behind and hope to shop in Nashville--any outlet malls near? That evening we want to go to the Grand Ole Oprey. Do you need to book ahead for this?

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

BOOK NOW if you want a room during CMA week. It is a huge country Music festival, thousands come to the city to see the shows, the museums, get autographs. Nashville's biggest week.

The Corvette Museum is an hour north of town, you could be very happy at Opry Mills Mall during the day.

Sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

Yikes, of all the times to come to Nashville! Better get busy looking for a couple rooms and take what I can get! Thanks for the info. I had assumed that if the CMF was 10-13th the following week would be a bit quieter.

Nashville
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

CMA...Country Music Association (http://www.cmafest.com/2009/), a music festival as pointed out. Book ahead for the Opry show. They do an early show and a late show, and the best seats go quickly for shows that feature particularly hot artists.

As regards shopping, Green Hills Mall is upscale and probably six miles away and easy to find. Cool Springs Mall and surrounding area is enormous and easily located just off Interstate 65 (south of downtown about fifteen minutes). Opry Mills is located off Briley Parkway about fifteen minutes from downtown, just behind the Opryland Hotel.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

Another place you may want to check out is Prime Outlets in Lebanon. It's about 20 minutes west of the Nashville International Airport right off Interstate 40.

www.primeoutlets.com

Bob

NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

Lebanon is 20 miles EAST of Nashville.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

Oooops RP55. Thanks for the clarification. I live west and am so used to going west. :)

Bob

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

Thanks. I knew there was a Prime Outlet somewhere near. Thanks. Is the shopping mall advertised near Oprey an outlet or regular mall?

8. Re: Nashville for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 05:17