We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Brit coming your way

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Another Brit coming your way

We travel from Memphis to Nashville on Friday 14th May for 3 nights...should we book our hotel now or wait till we arrive and look around...also when do you think we should buy tickets for the show at the Grand Old Opry

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Brit coming your way

Hi hildek,

I looked at the events calendar for the weekend you plan to stay in Nashville. I didn't see anything major going on. It's up to you whether to book a hotel now or later. I'm the type of person that wants to know for sure that I have a room and where.

For the Grand Ole Opry, buy now! If a huge artist like Dolly Parton, George Jones, Garth Brooks, etc. plan to be there, tickets will sell out QUICK once it's announced.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Grand Ole Opry
Grand Ole Opry
10,258 Reviews
Nashville, TN
The George Jones
The George Jones
681 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Brit coming your way

I would book a hotel within the next month, to ensure the best rates and best selection. If you book through one of the travel sites, they often offer a guaranteed best rate. Try Trip Advisor or hotels.com.

Personally, I think you can wait in the Opry tickets. I have a friend who plays with Marty Stuart and he said that the Opry rarely sells out, and if it does, it isn't until a day or two before, when they announce the acts. I wouldn't necessarily wait until you're in town, but if you haven't picked your night, you have time.

3. Re: Another Brit coming your way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:19