We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
1 post
Save Topic
Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

I was wondering if staying at the Springhill Suites Metro Center Hotel (which they tell me is about 3 miles from downtown)is a good place to stay for the CMA Festival in June. I was going to purchase tickets separately. The convenience of staying right in the center of town is great but a bit expensive. Has anyone ever stayed out of town for this event? Is it worth the savings?

tennessee
Level Contributor
140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

I think it is. Also, check the Millenium Maxwell House which is in Metro Center they have a shuttle bus which goes downtown. We had reservations at the Maxwell House a couple of weekends ago and due to a winter storm was not able to go. It is not a neighborhood you will want to get out and walk in, but you will be safe in any of the hotels in this area. A lot of the metro offices are over in this area now. Just make sure you drive when going out to dinner. Keep the money you save and spend it elsewhere.

tennessee
Level Contributor
140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

I think it is. Also, check the Millenium Maxwell House which is in Metro Center they have a shuttle bus which goes downtown. We had reservations at the Maxwell House a couple of weekends ago and due to a winter storm was not able to go. It is not a neighborhood you will want to get out and walk in, but you will be safe in any of the hotels in this area. A lot of the metro offices are over in this area now. Just make sure you drive when going out to dinner. Keep the money you save and spend it elsewhere.

Nashville
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

Downtown would be very convenient, ane asy walk to the shows, clubs, restaurants, and late nite fun (all w/o any worry of driving if you've partaken of any libations) and there's a few options, but as you state, you will definitely pay more (and no doubt that their rates are jacked up for that week). I'd recommend staying at one of the many hotels near the airport (range from Motel6, Drury Inn, Hampton, etc, up to Marriott, Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, etc). You'll save plenty of bucks, it's very safe, there's plenty of casual places to eat nearby (even within walking distance), and it's maybe a 5 mile drive to downtown. Not sure if any of them will be offering a shuttle, and no idea what a cab might cost.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

Hi clammie4446,

There are three hotels in the Metro Center area. Two have already been mentioned. The third one is La Quinta Inns & Suites. If one of them do have a free or low cost round trip shuttle, it would be well worth it. As was mentioned above, the area is basically offices & businesses. http://tinyurl.com/yzpgzsf

For dinners, I would suggest to drive to the west side of downtown around Broadway / West End Ave / 21st Ave.

Bob

Nashville
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

You could also see if the B&Bs in East Nashville have any availability in your price range. E.N. is an historic neighborhood two miles due east from downtown. B&Bs in East Nashville include Top O' Woodland, Carole's Yellow Cottage, East Park Inn, and the Big Bungalow: http://www.bbonline.com/tn/nashville.html

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

The La Quinta in Metro Center closed a few years ago. The space is now part of the convent.

7. Re: Where To Stay for the CMA Festival in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 05:17