We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel dilemma

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethpage, New York
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel dilemma

I am coming to Nashville for a conference at the Gaylord at the end of April. I will be alone for the first two days and joined by a friend the last two. I booked a room at the Gaylord, but after reading the many terrible reviews on TA, I am having serious second thoughts. I need easy access to the conference center, since I will be attending the conference for 3 days. I was considering the Hampton Inn as an alternative. TA has never steered me wrong. Any comments and/or suggestions?

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel dilemma

Staying elsewhere will be cheaper, no doubt. Gaylord is a resort property, and charges thusly. I just popped over and read some of those bad reviews ... I've been to many events at the hotel and have never seen anything remotely as bad as described. Then again, I haven't stayed in the rooms.

The problem with staying elsewhere is going to be in how it eats up your time to travel to/from. If the Hampton offers free shuttle service that will take you to and from the conference, then that's good. If you have to drive and park, though, you'll have to pay for parking each day.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel dilemma

Hi postcardNewYork,

If you're a walker, and they don't have a shuttle, it would be a quick wank from the Hampton to Gaylord. It's approximately 3/4 mile, so about 20 minutes or less. Here's a link to Google Maps with the walking map and info:

http://tinyurl.com/yzbrjn2

I agree with TFerrell about the parking. If you have a car, you could park at the Opry Mills Mall and walk the pathway to the hotel. But heck, by the time you do all that, you could have walked there from the hotel. :)

One last thing to think about is to ask when you check in if they know of others staying there for the conference at Gaylord. A few years ago in another city, a coworker and I found attendees AND training teachers staying at the same hotel we were. We didn't rent a car, but most all the others did (or had company cars and drove there.) We politely asked for rides back in forth for the three day training. It only cost us a few pitchers of cold beverages in the hotel bar later those evenings.

Bob

Edited: 18 February 2010, 05:56
3. Re: Hotel dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:18