We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
403 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

We are new to Nashville and arriving on 4/1. We have tickets to the Grand Ole Opry for Friday, April 2nd. I have been told to definitely see the Opryland Hotel...that it's huge and impressive. We were thinking about leaving our Downtown hotel (Doubletree) early Friday afternoon, in order to have time to see the Opryland Hotel before going to the show at the Grand Ole Opry (7:00). How far is the Grand Ole Opry from the Opryland Hotel (distance/minutes)? Does this scenario seem logical and possible? We just don't want to spend the money and time to head out to that area twice. Thanks!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

If I'm not mistaking I believe they are next door to each other so its all within walking distance. I believe the building Iam thinking of is the Grand Ole Opry. There is a mall there in same area where Opryland theme park once was. Its called Opry Mills. The General Jackson dinner/show boat is at this location too. Yes, the Opryland hotel is huge and yes I believe it is worth going in through it. Its a hotel like no other I have been in. :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

TennesseeJustme is right on about the hotel and the Grand Ole Opry. If you want to save some money and don't mind a short walk, be sure to park in the Opry Mills parking lot next to the GOO. http://tinyurl.com/yzxj8jq

That way you can visit the hotel, then walk to the GOO and be fairly close to your car when the show is over. Plus, spend the money you saved for parking in the gift shop! LOL.

Bob

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

Thanks for the information. We will be taking a taxi to and from the Opryland area, since we're staying in Downtown (no car to park). :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

That would be no problem at all. What I would do is have the taxi let you off at the main door of the hotel, or as close as possible to the front desk. Then head in and visit the folks there. Ask for a map of the hotel layout. Then ask which exit would be the closest to the Opryhouse. It's probably going to be where the valet parking is located in the Delta area.

Bob

Edited: 31 March 2010, 04:44
El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

Perfect! I was wondering where we should have the taxi drop us off, and you answered that question. Thanks!!

6. Re: Distance from Opryland Hotel to Grand Ole Opry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:17