We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
352 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

I had been considering staying at super8 motel but have decided to up the budget and see what I can get.

I can get Maxwell house for approx $90 per night including taxes and additional charges for 3 adults. It has free parking and a shuttle to any destination within 5miles which includes Downtown. (Would Opryland fall within 5 miles) No breakfast.

I can get HI express downtown for $100 per night inc all taxes and charges. It costs an additional $15 per day for parking but is within walking distance of downtown. It includes breakfast.

Which of these would be the better deal / hotel. I intend spending most of the time downtown with a night possibly at opry. I will have a car and can drive to Opryland if required.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

That's an interesting choice.

The Maxwell House will be the nicer hotel by far. It's in an area called Metro Center that is mostly office buildings and fast-food restaurants, but also has some lovely scenery -- trees and such. It is also on the edge of an area (North Nashville) that some people would be uncomfortable with (not me -- I used to work in Metro Center and never had any problems, but some people are squidgy that way).

The Holiday Inn Express is going to be a Holiday Inn Express ... right on Broadway, 100% urban concrete etc., but oh-so-much-closer to all the things you want to do, not IN the heart of the action but a few blocks away.

Given your criteria, I'd probably say the Holiday Inn Express ...

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
430 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

Interesting choice. I have never stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown - but it will be much closer to the action than Metro Center. I agree w/TFerrell, you will get more for your money at Maxwell House - and I would ask if Opryland is included in the free shuttle?

Southeast US
Level Contributor
609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

I have stayed at Millinnium several times and have two trips booked there this summer. We usually take the shuttle to downtown and then come back in a cab later than the shuttle operates. Love the hotel. Priceline and Hotwire also work very well in this area. Three star and select the downtown area.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

Although you are wanting to spend most of your time downtown I would still choose the Maxwell House. We have stayed there many a night after going downtown and love it for the price. I'm actually surprised they no longer offer breakfast with your room b/c when we were there last fall they did. I would make sure of that if I were you. Parking is free. Shuttle is free. Cab is cheap to get back to the hotel. We love the view if you can get a room with a view of downtown.

I do want to say that I've not stayed that the Holiday Inn so I do not know what the rooms are like there but we have always enjoyed the other. $15 a day is cheaper than alot of the downtown hotels (I think we paid $18 when we stayed at the Hilton downtown recently).

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
352 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

Hi

thanks for the reply I am lookin at the deals on hotels.com the free breakfast is possibly only available when booking direct with the hotel.

6. Re: Millennium Maxwell House V Holiday inn Express Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 05:17