We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

Would it be best to rent a car to go for the day to the Prime Outlet mall in Lebanon from downtown Nashville. Or is there public transit or trains that we could take (I'm guessing it would be expensive to take a taxi both ways?) ? If Opry Mills shopping centre isnt open when we visit in early July, then instead we were thinking of visiting this Prime Outlet instead. Any suggestions/tips would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Kimberly

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

The Music City Star commuter train runs between downtown Nashville and downtown Lebanon. The outlet mall is 2 or 3 miles from the Lebanon station. I suppose you could get a cab from the station to the mall, but I have no idea of there's a cab stand or if you'd have to call and arrange a cab ahead.

Lebanon is about 30 miles outside of Nashville, so yes, a cab ride would be very expensive.

I would highly recommend visiting the web site for the mall so you know what stores are there and that it will be worth the effort and time to get there. It's just the same run of stores you see in every other outlet mall.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

I would certainly rent a car for this. There is not good public transportation that far out of town. On your way east on I-40 you could also stop at the Providence Marketplace in Mt. Juliet on your way to Lebanon. If your really want to shop even more, from Lebanon, you can take I-840 out to Murfreesboro to their new mall or continue on to the Frankin/Cool Springs area, then come back north to Nashville on I-65. In my opinion, I prefer the other 3 malls over the one in Lebanon. I doubt the Opry Mills Mall will be reopened by then.

http://shopprovidencemarketplace.com/

http://shoptheavenue.com/

coolspringsgalleria.com/shop/…index

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

I absolutely agree with mrspopeye. I would visit the other malls listed. I recently visited the one in Lebanon and left after an hour very disappointed.

Casselberry, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

The Music City Star commuter train runs to Lebanon from Nashville at peak commuter times (early Morn, late afternoon) so be aware of the schedule if you ride the train from Nashville. Its alot cheaper than a taxi, 5 dollars one way compared to about 80 for a one way trip in a taxi. A taxi can pick you up at the Lebanon train station and take you anywhere you need for relatively cheap in Lebanon. Lebanon is also full of some great antique shops on the square.

5. Re: From Nashville to the Prime Outlet Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Nashville