We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yes, Nashville is Open

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Yes, Nashville is Open

Column in today's daily paper:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100518/COLUMNIST0101/5180342/Yes++Nashville+is+open

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Here's another article today:

tennessean.com/article/…RSS05

So, show Nashville some love and patronize the many, many businesses that are open!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Just read that the Wildhorse Sallon is set to re-open June 4!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Update on downtown businesses. Basically, everything except the Wildhorse and Joe's Crab Shack is open again, and the Wildhorse at least will be open next week.

nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/may…

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

I wonder, do you own or work for a tourist business?

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Nope ... just a very long-time resident, although not a native.

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

I know it is hard thinking about the money some places are not getting right now, but with all the extra people here to clean and rebuild, the water still being restricted and sink holes popping up I do not know if it smart to keep trying to get a lot more people to come right now.

I think those tourist places are getting bussiness from all the out of state people here helping right now.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Well, that's not the message that the mayor and the visitor's bureau is putting out. They are working very hard to let the rest of the country (and the world) know that visitors are welcome and needed. The water levels have been stable since the week after the flood. What few restrictions are left will be lifted probably in a few days as the 2nd plant is slated to be back online very soon. I would say that if they are allowing car washes to operate again that the burden caused by visitors, a major source of income for small businesses and the tax base, is minor.

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Hello, of course that is not the message the visitors bureau putting out there! Dah!

I know the water levels have been stable, I did not say they were not.

Probably in a few days?

Car washes are now being allowed to be open some hours not full time and they were not allowed all that time that those people were still trying to get people here. Should they be open at all yet? Probably not!

Minor? According to who?

What about all these pot holes and sink holes coming out, you think extra traffic does not matter?

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Well aren't you a wet blanket!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yes, Nashville is Open

Hello everyone! No one asked, so I'll throw this out there anyway. I base Nashville disasters on three things:

1) WSM-AM 650 is unable to air their programming.

2) The Grand Ole Opry is unable to be performed.

3) The ET Midnight Jamboree is unable to be performed.

To me, if ALL THREE of the above is true, it's probably the end of the world and who cares if visitors are able to make it to Nashville. LOL!

I would hope that if the Mayor's office and Visitors Bureau are telling folks to "come on down" and they have Nashville's best interest with their decision without compromising the citizens welfare.

Thanks for giving me my 2¢ worth. I'm still "mad" because I'm usually napping during the car wash hours. :-)

I'm off to listen and watch the Jamboree. Tonight is Riders in the Sky. Fantastic!! I never knew they had live video online.

Bob

Edited: 30 May 2010, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Nashville