We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Any suggestions on good spot for great week-end all you can breakfast food. We do not mind driving if the restaurant/food is worth the drive. Give me your best shot.

Thanks,

Johnny

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Check The Hermitage Hotel downtown to see if they still have their great Sunday morning buffet. It's kind of upscale. The Loveless Cafe out Hwy. 100 is not a breakfast buffet, but they serve you plenty down home Tennessee breakfast made from scratch.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Hi Johnny,

Here's another kind of upscale place that does a Sunday brunch and has some great reviews. Ellendale's Restaurant. They are located kind of out near the airport. Here are a couple of links you may want to check out:

www.ellendales.com

http://tinyurl.com/3433a3e

Bob

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Thanks for the input. I have eaten at the Loveless Cafe on last trip so thought we would try some new places. I have Monell's on the list to hit, but not sure if we will do breakfast or lunch/dinner. Anymore input appreciated.

For clarification, the restaurant does not have to be upscale. Upscale is all right if the food is off the hook, but I am more interested in great food first, atmosphere/ambiance second and price third.

nashville
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Go to Monellsssss! So Good! So much southern food!

Or CopperKettle has a great Brunch Buffet , its more eclectic (not so much southern) in my opinion...

Nashville
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

If you want a one of a kind experience, go to Monell's for Sunday dinner. It's served from 11AM - 4PM. Food is fabulous country cooking, and all you can eat. It's served family style; you'll sit at a long table with other folks and may find yourself dining with a church group, Senator, musician, or just some other interesting people like yourselves.

A warning: They do not take reservations, and it's first come, first served. Get there early or late, or expect to spend about an hour waiting in the pleasant garden on the side.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

The main reason that a few of us have suggested a few upper-scale places for a breakfast buffet, is that there are not really any other good places that offer it. Besides some hotels offering a buffet for their guests, the only other place I can think of is the national chain Shoney's. I'd rather go to Waffle House (which I like on occasion) and order off the menu. Nashville is not like some other vacation spots with a buffet or pancake house on every corner. (i.e. Pigeon Forge, TN) LOL!

I agree with the other suggestions above with Loveless, Monell's and Copper Kettle. All great places to eat.

Bob

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

Thanks to each of you for your input/suggestions. I think Monells won the vote so they will get at least one visit and maybe even more.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you, with special thanks to our past & present troops.

8. Re: Saturday/Sunday Breakfast Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 05:18