We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report: Nashville

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report: Nashville

I'm from Oslo, Norway, and up until my recent trip to the South, I only had two cities in the world that I've visited and that I could see myself living in; Washington DC and New York City.

Now I have to add Nashville.

From the moment we pulled up to the Hermitage to we reluctantly left two nights later, both myself and my parents (late 50's) had a stunning time. None of us are really into Country music, but we had a blast doing the Honky Tonks at night. During the day, we walked around a lot to see some of the museums and famous buildings the city had to offer. With such limited time, we didn't take any tours, but again, I don't think we could name more than a handful of Country stars so that's ok.

We were supposed to do the General Jackson on our second night, but that was cancelled due to the flooding. Looking back, that might have been a blessing in disguise as we had a wonderful evening and dinner in the city instead.

Regarding the flooding, we expected to see much more damage than what we did. A few places near the river was closed, but almost all where back in business. Impressive. I spoke to a lot of people about the catastrophe, and I was so pleasantly surprised of the attitude people showed. "In Tennessee, we help each other". You gotta love it.

Two days isn't nearly enough time to get a solid picture of what this city has to offer, but it was love at first sight for me. The people, the atmosphere was unbelivable.

So thank you so much, Nashville, I hope to see you again soon!

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
Music City Rollin' Jamboree Tours
City Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Joyride Nashville
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Party Porch Nashville
City Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Gray Line Tours
Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours
nashville
Level Contributor
302 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report: Nashville

Wow! thats SO nice!

Im glad you had a good time,

Come back soon!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report: Nashville

Hi Franko76,

Thank you for the trip report. Sounds like you all had a great trip. Hopefully next time you come to the States, you can spend longer time here. There is a lot to see that does not have anything to do with country music. When I was much younger, I was like you all. I didn't care much about country music, but had fun walking downtown, going in the honkytonks and listening to the live music. After a while, I got hooked!

Bob

3. Re: Trip report: Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 06:21