We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Young America...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Where should we stay? We want to be within walking distance to local bars and restaurants. We are low-key but like to have a good time. Any other ideas on what we should do or see while there?

nashville
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Stay downtown and walk to all the honky tonks. Read back on other posts for more ideas.

Have fun!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Are you interested in the tourist honky-tonk scene? if so, as stated, downtown is the place to be. If you are more interested in the many, diverse, non-honky-tonk bars and restaurants, there are other areas that are better - these are where MY girl gang of 40somethings hang out . Say more about what type of food/scene/ambiance you are after and we can give more specific recs.

Scotland
Level Contributor
134 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Stay downtown to be close to the action.

A a previosu visitor I'd recommend Roberts on Broadway for a good night out. A mixed crowd of all ages all with the same thing in mind - having a good time with good music and friendly atmosphere. Busy at weekends but not rowdy.

Enjoy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
65 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

I also will be in Nashville in August with my 2 daughters.

I'm not into honkey tonk.

Where is the other area that you like?

We are looking for an area to stay in.

Looking forward to hearing from you....Thanks

Nashville
Level Contributor
125 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Downtown hotels are the way to go if you might be imbibing a little and want to avoid the hassle of driving. I'm local but have stayed at the Hilton Suites and it was nice. There's also a Hampton Inn downtown. Can't speak to the pricing or either.

Non-honkey tonk options: Third & Lindsley, 12th& Porter, Exit In, maybe Robert's Western World (maybe a bit of honkey-tonk sphere, but a step up from the other lame ones on Broadway). First three venues might be beyond a short walk, so you'll have to mapquest and decide. Check out the schedule at the Ryman Auditorium - often have good contemporary music/known artists playing (but ticket prices start getting steep). Also see if there's any outdoor music events at Riverfront Park for the Sep weekend you're visiting. Usually a very good time, with all the restaurants and bars one block away.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

There is so much to do in Nashville--it is difficult to name it all.

I am older--so I take the slower pace.

But-------Ryman tour, Country Music Hall of Fame Tour, Ride the Ducks-----Take the Nash Trash Tour----

Free Charlie Daniels Museum on 2nd I think------same place you buy tickets for the Duck, General Jackson

Culture-----The Frist---has Chihuly exhibit now that is awesome---

Love History----Belle Meade Mansion, Belmont Mansion, Traveler's Rest Mansion, Ther Hermitage

Shopping----take a trip out to Franklin---awesome place to visit-----go in the daytime---and lots of history there also.

You will need a car if you stay downtown for some of these----

Have fun-----

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

I am thinking of going to Nasville next year and I am VERY INTERESTED in going to where you can eat and drink and where there is country music playing and people are doing line and country dancing (Are these called honky-tonks)???? So is it better to stay downtown where these are? Is there a safe place downtown and a not so safe place?

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

Those Country Music things that you want to be in the middle of are concentrated in the lower Broadway district. There are good hotels witin walking distance of the attractions there including: The Hermitage (nice suites and upscale restaurant); The Doubletree (renovated )about a year ago}; The Marriott Courtyard (mid-rise , newly opened); and The Hampton Inn Downtown. Of course there are others, and there are cheaper ones away from this area, but you'll need a car and a place to park while visiting this district.

Edited: 17 July 2010, 16:44
9. Re: 4 gals in mid 40's visiting Nashville in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:16