We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Ok, or maybe really cheap. Staying at the Ren Cen and they are out of their minds. Actually, they bumped their heads at the cost of parking. I'm willing to drag a suit case. done it before.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Nashville?

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

http://www.parkitdowntown.com/maps

If you mean the Renaissance Hotel, the above link will show you all the public parking in downtown. The library lot is directly across the street from the hotel, max of $8 per day, I believe.

Music City,TN
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Couple of free/cheap downtown Nashville parking ideas:

The 1000 or so downtown metered spaces are free after 6 PM M-Sat and all day Sun.

Metro gov spots (there are 8-10 of them) are free after normal business hours M-F and all day on the weekends.

Many of the parking lots downtown have a $5 after 5PM program everyday including weekends.

Metro gov/public square parking garage is $12 all day.

Hope that this helps.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Hey Guys....Thanks, Yep, Nashville! I was wondering about the Library and it's parking. But the Metered sounds good to. I have been using street view via google and it shows some parking lots, but I wanted to get a heads up here, Thanks.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

Hey THERESA,

Something to double check on before staying at the library garage is whether once you leave the garage, can you come back and park on the same day's payment. Example: You pay for all day Monday, noon go to Green Hills for lunch, afternoon go back to park and take a nap. Some garages will charge you another day just because your vehicle left the garage.

Another question I would have is can I pay for all the days I will be parking there? If not, what time do I need to walk up there and make my payment for the new day before I get a ticket, towed or booted?

Here's their phone number: (615) 254-1741 according to the Park It! Downtown website.

Bob

6. Re: is there still such a thing as free parking downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:17