We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in November

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in November

Hello --- we will be in Nashville in November for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) and we are senior country music fans. I would appreciate any ideas for spending the time - day and/or night. Shold I try to book a concert at one of the famous places or would we get enough music in the honky tonk bars?? We are staying at the best Western Music Row -- how close is this to the tourist scene?? All ideas welcome -- am a great fan of this forum and have discovered many a great place because of it!!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in November

Since you're going to be here on a Friday and Saturday night, why not see about getting Grand Ole Opry tickets. They should be at the Ryman Auditorium Downtow in November because of the Rockettes show at the Grand Ole Opry theater.

http://www.opry.com/

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in November

Hi Leezy,

I agree with vegas-guide about the Grand Ole Opry. You can go to either a Friday or Saturday night show. Be sure to not miss the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum.

I think you will get enough great music in the honkytonks, many without a cover charge. (Be sure to leave some money in their tip jar if you like the music.) Also, besides the honkytonks along Broadway and Second Ave, don't forget the ones in Printer's Alley.

Your hotel is about 1.1 walking miles away from the famous Tootsies Orchid Lounge on Broadway. A cab hire to there is about $8.

Bob

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in November

Well thank you both for the great suggestions --- I will try to book tickets for the Grand Ole Opry and get to the museum when we atre there. Then spend a few hours in the bars on the streets you suggest. I guess Tootsies Orchid Lounge is one not to miss ---for music??

Many thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in November

Not sure what you mean by 'senior' but if you're looking for traditional country but with a mixed crowd and great atmosphere try Roberts Western World.

Scotland
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in November

should have added Brazilbilly are normally on Friday and Saturday - highly recommended.

6. Re: Weekend in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Nashville