We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville in April

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eliot Me
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville in April

We are planning a week in Nashville sometime in April. Can anyone tell me what to expect for weather? Also I see a lot of people mentioning construction around the airport and we thought that looked to be a good inexpensive and somewhat central location for the downtown, Opryland, Hermitage spots. Will we be sorry to be staying there?

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville in April

as for April weather, days should be perfect w/highs around 70, a little chilly at night w/lows around 50.

There is a lot of construction around the airport (I-40, Briley Pkwy) and I try to steer people away from there if they are not used to the roads. It is a good, central location for where you are wanting to go. There are some decent hotels close by, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Courtyard are very nice, I have stayed at all.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville in April

April is great weather here. Warm and sunny mostly with a one or two exciting storms. I have to drive out to the airport area almost everyday and it is a nightmare. I would also stay away from north Nashville despite it's alternate route to Opry area. Try to check on hotels just a little south on I-65. They are reasonably priced and I-65 is a straight shot into downtown. There are several around the 37204 area. There are also nicer ones in brentwood about 10mi south of downtown

Eliot Me
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville in April

thanks for the tips re the airport area. what do you mean by the 37204 area is that a zip code?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville in April

37204 is the zip code the Sidco/100 Oaks area of Nashville, there is a nice La Quinta hotel right off the Sidco exit with a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House adjacent. This is more of a business area with the exception of 100 Oaks outlet mall & Regal 27 movie theater. North Nashville areas to avoid are the Dickerson Road/Trinity Lane area, both are off I65. You might look into the Vanderbilt area only minutes from downtown.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville in April

The airport area isn't that bad. We were just there a few days ago and I didn't see any major construction. The Sheraton Music City across from the airport looked nice. But, the airport really isn't close to anything. I would stay downtown if I were you. Nashville has a nice little downtown. Try the Sheraton Nashville downtown. It is across the street from the Capitol Building and a pretty easy walk to 2nd ave. We enjoyed it there, it was quiet, we stayed on the Club Level and got a chocolate cowboy boot sucker on our pillow. Very cute. So, if you are going to be here a whole week, stay downtown, maybe stay the night before you leave at the airport, if you are concerned about making a flight or something.

Nashville
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville in April

Most of the sights are downtown so i would advise you to stay in the west end area, about a mile or two from downtown, then travel to the opryland. There are several medium priced hotels there in the 80 dollar range or less. I have stayed at the days inn vanderbilt 2 times at 60 dollars a night, it was nice, new furniture, tv etc. The holiday inn express and best western convention center are in the downtown area, a mile away in west end there is hampton inn, days inn, guest house inn and other more expensive hotels.

go to library.nashville.org and see links, go the convention visitors dept, they have a great map of hotels in that area.