We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather??

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather??

I have been checking the weather forecast in Nashville..... :(

Seems way too hot for sightseeing... especially with the humidity. Will be there from July 18th to the 24th. Will the weather ruin our trip??

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather??

machris,

When a period of heat like what we have experienced last summer and for a week or so this year sets in it is somewhat oppressive throughout most of the South and Midwest. It's a matter of what you can accept. If you can take it in stride and include some water activities and Summer style refeshment you can make it just a feature of your vacation, after all, most environments you'll be in will be nicely air conditioned. Canadians don't typically have hotter temps, I know, but people usually do go on with their visits and have a good time w/o negative side effects during warmer months. Welcome!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather??

Yes, it IS more hot and humid than normal right now. While it's particularly bad this week, temps in the low 90s is typical for this time of year. It's not what you're used to, I know, but it's true all the interior spaces ARE air conditioned! Just be sure to hydrate and pace yourself and you'll be fine.

Ontario
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather??

thank you for the response.

My husband and I are really looking forward to this trip. We will just make the heat part of the experience!

4. Re: Weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 07:19