We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

I would appreciate a few suggestions for casual dining including country food and BBQ as well as burgers and sandwiches in the area near Hutton Hotel. I will have a car so driving is not a problem. Is Broadway Brewhouse in that area. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Hutton Hotel
Hutton Hotel
111 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
843 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

For sub sandwiches I have always really liked the locally owned Sub Stop. Its a hard to miss pink building that's very close to your hotel and is very popular with the lunch crowd.

Broadway Brewhouse has a location that is indeed in that area too at 1900 Broadway. I also like Blackstone Brewery which is in that same area. They have good burgers,ribs, fish, ect...

You should not have a hard time finding food in that area (west end) there are many good choices. ALso downtown is only a couple of miles away as well expanding your choices even more.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

axle, with all your travels you have probably been to these places, as they've been around since I was at Vandy (a VERY long time ago), but I'll mention them anyway. I'll certainly defer to the local experts for up-to-date info, but I have been back to each of them in the past 2-3 years and they were all still pretty good: Rotier's for burgers, Loveless Cafe for country food and Pancake Pantry for fab breakfasts. Loveless is not in town, but on the outskirts out West End/Hwy 100. The other two are near Vandy and not far from your hotel. We also used to like Elliston Place Soda Shop near the campus - sort of a Camellia Grill for Nashville - but recent reviews suggest its bloom has faded. if you have even a passing interest in bluegrass music, spend an evening at the Station Inn. And the Vandy campus is beautiful this time of year. Let us know how the hotel is. I am making college trips next year and will likely visit the alma mater. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Station Inn
Station Inn
266 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Rotier's
Rotier's
394 Reviews
Nashville, TN
The Loveless Cafe
The Loveless Cafe
5,151 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,198 Reviews
Nashville, TN
St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

Like Kelly TPM stated you will not have a problem finding food in this area. Several great places to eat some casual some not so much.

Broadway Brewhouose and Blackstone are also two of our favorites. I know that the Mstreet group used to have a place called Lime and heard they changed the restaurant to Tavern or something like that but may be worth checking out. We like South Street which is not far away and has seafood if that interests you at all.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

61............thanks for the great tips. Is there any good BBQ in that area. I know about Jack's. Ellyanne and Kelly..........thanks for your advice. Good luck.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

Hog Heaven next to the Parthenon at Centennial Park. Try the turkey with white sauce.

Mentioned in this post
The Parthenon
The Parthenon
3,548 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Centennial Park
Centennial Park
1,681 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

Thanks for all the tips. Hutton is a great hotel. We went to Broadway Brewery but the food was not great but it's a fun place to visit for cold drinks. We had our best food at Monell's and Arnold's. BBQ at Hog Heaven was great. Pancake Pantry was outstanding. Nashville is a great city. We will be back again soon. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Hutton Hotel
Hutton Hotel
111 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Monell's at the Manor
Monell's at the Manor
440 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,198 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

The Pie Wagon on Division is a great spot for lunch or late lunch...it is a meat and three...and of course they serve pie and cobbler too :) Merchant's is a great place downtown for dinner and Jack's is the best place downtown for barbecue or ribs in my opinion. Breakfast at Pancake Pantry is FABULOUS and Loveless cafe is great too--a little further away but worth the drive. Midtown Cafe and Chappy's On Church are also good choices that are close to the Hutton.

Mentioned in this post
Hutton Hotel
Hutton Hotel
111 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,198 Reviews
Nashville, TN
The Loveless Cafe
The Loveless Cafe
5,151 Reviews
Nashville, TN
8. Re: Casual Dining In Nashville Near Hutton Hotel.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 22:19