We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack Daniels Distilary

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Jack Daniels Distilary

Just beginning to speak about a possible trip next year to Memphis and Nashville would really like to visit the Jack Daniels Distillary can anyone tell me how far it is from Nashville??

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=nashville+to+Jack+Daniels+Distillery&saddr=nashville&daddr=Jack+Daniels+Distillery&t=m&z=9&vpsrc=0&geocode=FQLZJwIdRcbT-ik9kOsTMuxkiDGg2umh0Lk_fQ%3BFUtlGgIdfxfa-iGiQxOx70U1_w

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

Thanks for that TFerrell very helpful :-) glad its not too far as I def want to visit it :-)

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

Monkeyhols, I looked into this before, just beware that some of the Counties around that area are 'dry', ie alcohol free. JFYI :-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
168 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

I lived in Nashville for 14 years.

Jack Daniels is probably an hour or so away . . . not a bad drive. Be sure to check out Bell Buckle (a small town) which is near the distillery.

The previous reviewer mentioned dry counties. Actually, Coffee County, where the distillery is located, is dry. You will not get samples of Jack Daniels after the tour. You can buy only the commemoration bottles of the company there.

Have fun!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

Jack Daniel's is in Moore County which is not dry. They allow beer sales but no liquor sales other than special bottles from the Jack Daniel's shop at the distillery visitor's center. Technically then they are not dry at all as anyone can go to the distillery and buy "special" liquor. George Dickel Distillery is in Coffee County which is not a dry county.

Edited: 02 December 2011, 13:41
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

We stayed overnight in Lynchburg recently and bought beer from a supermarket but no other alcohol to be had - apart from the commemoration bottles of JD from the distillery shop which cost a lot of dollars! They seemed to be bought as collectors items rather than to drink!

However on the tour you are invited to sniff a bunghole (!!) in a barrel of JD which makes you very light headed for a few seconds! Also we had the lid of a vat wafted up and down for us so we could get a 'whiff'..........very intoxicating too!!!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

LOL Jubileegirl

I once sniffed a whiskey vat at a distillery ended up near choking to death ha ha

I knew you didn't get samples but thanks to everyone for confirming that, that apart would you say it was worth a visit?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

certainly worth a visit if going on a tour try to get the one that also goes to Dickel Distillery - i thought it was a tad more interesting as its a lot smaller scale but great to compare the two - the countryside on the way there and back is also amazing

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,928 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

Come to Chattanooga. We have it ALL and an easy commute to Jack Daniels.

www.chattanoogafun.com

Lewiston, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jack Daniels Distilary

We went from Nashville to Lynchburg via side roads. Just headed south and went down country roads. Came upon a few festivals, flea markets and cool restaurants. Took the better portion of the day to get there, but really got to see the other side of Tennessee. We got to Lynchburg too late to do the tour but spent a few hours hanging out in town. Lots of touristy shops. Had a late lunch in the diner there, however i don't remember the name. It was small, the food was good and it was cheap ! Came back to Nashville via the highway and I seem to remember it being a pretty painless ride.