We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Market, Nashville

Montana
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Market, Nashville

I am taking a 4 day trip to Nashville in early May. I will be accompanied by my elderly mother who has a hard time walking and getting around. We are staying at Guesthouse Suites near the Grand Ole Opry. Can someone recommend the fastest and easiest way to get from there to the Farmer's Market? We have reservations on the NashTrash bus for May 6. How far is our hotel from the Hall of Fame? Thanks for your help.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

I'm guessing you won't have a car? If the hotel doesn't offer a downtown shuttle, you might look into taking a cab.

The Hall of Fame is downtown (not too far from the Farmer's Market), so you'll be about ten miles away in the Opry Mills area.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

The best way from your hotel is to get on Briley Pkwy headed North. Go a few miles, get on I-65 south headed towards Nashville. Stay on I-65s as it veers towards Memphis. You will want to take the first exit, 8th Ave/Metrocenter. Go left and head into the city. Farmers market is on 8th Ave. Sounds more complicated than it really is.

Good luck and welcome to Nashville.

Montana
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

I guess I forgot to mention I'm without a car, so I need public transporation options.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Montana
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

would it be more cost effective to stay downtown and pay for taxi service to and from the airport, or stay near the opry and take a cab downtown a couple of times?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

Several of the downtown hotels offer a shuttle from the airport, but the hotels downtown are probably more expensive than the Guesthouse Suites. However, I've booked hotel rooms downtown through Hotwire for $79 a night, so you might try that. Then, a cab ride over to the Farmer's Market wouldn't be very expensive.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

OK, try this...Holiday Inn Express @ 920 Broadway. This is downtown. No airport shuttle, taxi should cost you about $25. This hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle service within a 2 mile radius of the hotel, which will get you to both the Farmers Market and the Country Music Hall of Fame, along with some good restaurants.

Nashville
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

I also would recommend staying downtown. There is another guesthouse suites 2 miles from the farmers market. The bus service is very slow except during rush hour.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmer's Market, Nashville

I would agree, the Opryland area is nowhere to be without a car (unless your goal is to shop all through your trip here). You will be eaten up with cab fare. I have found that the tourist class hotels are not much more expensive in downtown than they are in Opryland, the difference is well less than the the amount you will be spending on cab fare.

If you feel you need a car to vist the outer areas, there are rentals available in both downtown and Opryland. A few hours of rental should not break the bank and then you will be able to enjoy areas such as Franklin, Natchez Trace, and even Lynchburg.