We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville TN

Cape Town
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Nashville TN

I am planning to go to Nashville later this year. Would 2 days be sufficient or would I need 3 days? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville TN

Hi there

You may want to read the sticky at the top of this forum that says:

PLEASE READ: How to use this forum.... here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k30711…

For questions such as yours, you will need the relevant Destination Forum which i guess would be Nashville here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g55229-i154-Nash…

CB

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville TN

Hi TanikinsCT,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your topic in the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, so I have moved the discussion on your behalf to the Nashville forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Sincerely,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville TN

How much time you need depends on your interests and what you want to do. It would be a good idea to read up on the typical attractions/activities, then post here what you are interested in. Then people can give you a better idea of timing.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,077 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville TN

We spent four days in Nashville--that was about right for us.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville TN

During my Nashville trip with my wife, we arrived on a Thursday night and left on Sunday morning. Our itinerary included the Country Music Hall of Fame, a concert and tour of the Ryman Auditorium, a tour of the Andrew Jackson Plantation, musical "bar hopping," and a night at the Grand Ole Opry. I think it depends on how many shows you want to attend and how much touring you want to do of the city.

In the 2 full days and 3 nights we were there, we didn't get to do a lot of sight seeing in the city, though we did do a lot of walking from place to place and were able to take in a little bit of the local culture. The Country Hall of Fame is the better part of a day, especially if you do the Studio B tour. The music scene is great for country, obviously, but also for blues and rock and roll. You need at least one night, if not two, to hit some different music venues. There are many centered on Broadway St, and some of the bigger establishments (BB King's House of Blues, Wild Horse Saloon, Hard Rock Cafe) are found along 1st and 2nd Avenue down by the river. BB King's takes the better part of an evening.

I strongly recommend one night at the Opry. If you have a choice, Saturday nights seem to draw the bigger acts (old and new). Just the history alone makes it worth the price of admission.

So, a short end to a long post: You can do a lot in 2 days, but if you have a 3rd, it will make the trip a little more relaxing and give you another night to check out the night life (aka, awesome music scene).

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Ryman Auditorium
Ryman Auditorium
10,299 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Grand Ole Opry
Grand Ole Opry
10,377 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Wild Horse Saloon
Wild Horse Saloon
983 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
964 posts
948 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville TN

Look at the Things to Do area here on TripAdvisor and decide what you are most interested in doing/seeing. That will help you to determine your needed timeframe. If you let us know what you want to do, people here can help you to consider your needed amount of time.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville TN

I agree with the above posts. However, you could also spend 2 days just seeing historical homes/battlefields. In Nashville- the belle meade plantation, hermitage, fort nashboro. In Franklin- Carter house, carnton house, franklin battlefield. Rippavilla and battlefield in Spring Hill. James K. Polk home in Columbia. If history os of interest, then more days needed. If not, then the 2-3 days listed above would be pretty good start.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Carter House
Carter House
1,094 Reviews
Franklin, TN
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
964 posts
948 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nashville TN

Stephen H is right about the rich availability of historic places in towns near Nashville. Don't fail to see The Hermitage, home of Andrew Jackson; I just learned that instead of being listed under "things to do" in Nashville, it is listed under "things to do" in Hermitage, TN.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
The Hermitage Hotel
The Hermitage Hotel
1,692 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Southeast US
Level Contributor
611 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nashville TN

I would try to plan 4

10. Re: Nashville TN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 09:20