We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with a 15 yr old daughter in Nashville 1 day?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with a 15 yr old daughter in Nashville 1 day?

Of course daughter would like to go to the mall, but I (mom) hate shopping. Looking for something daughter and I can do in Nashville that we will both enjoy. Any suggestions. Will be there May 19th.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with a 15 yr old daughter in Nashville 1 day?

Depends on what you'd like to do! There are quite a few things though. When my neice turned 16, we did the following (I'm from here BTW).

Ryman Auditorium - did the tour, and she recorded a song. It was really cool for her, and she loved it!

Honky Tonking (in the day!) - It's not something she can do at night, but I took my neice to Legends Corner on Saturday, and Buck McCoy was playing. He's probably the most fun to watch out of anyone downtown; super energetic and goes above and beyond during his performances. He found out it was her birthday so during his set he went next door to the gift shop and bought her a "car" (toy car) for her birthday. She really enjoyed that.

Country Music Hall of Fame - Definitely a must do for you both; such a great way to learn about Nashville's history.

Ghost Tour - She loves Ghosts so we went on a walking ghost tour and she loved it.

Eating:

Loveless Cafe - It's a drive to get out there and you will probably spend most of your day just getting to and from, but if you're looking for good food this is the place. But might not be worth it since you'll only be here a day

Pancake Pantry: if you are getting here early, go to breaktfast here. Get there early so you don't have to wait in line!

Good luck! Have fun!

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with a 15 yr old daughter in Nashville 1 day?

Give me an idea of your itenerary, i.e. will you be getting in on Saturday or have Friday night??

A couple of ideas that will give you easy access to food, shopping and historic/sightseeing:

Vanderbilt University/West End Ave puts you in proximity to Centennial Park and the Parthenon, Belmont Mansion...many excellent restaruants on West End, Hillsboro Village, Broadway and Downtown...and perhaps shopping along West End, Hillsboro Village and Green Hills.

OR

If you have a little more time to venture out to Franklin you will find Civil War History throughout town and at the Carter House and Carnton Mansion, there are unique and excellent restaurants up and down Main Street (Mellow Mushroom, Red Pony, Dotson's, Uncle Bud's, Mercantile, Puckett's, Meridee's Bread Basket, etc.), the Franklin Cinema is newly remodeled and has movies during the day and live music shows at night and opprtunities for boutique shopping along Main Street. If you want to get into more serious Mall shopping head down to the Cool Springs Galleria!

This will give you a few ideas, hope you all have a nice (quick) visit!!

3. Re: What to do with a 15 yr old daughter in Nashville 1 day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:17