We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

Was all ready to book Discover Nashville to get a guided tour of Nashville on our first trip there, but then I heard about Tommy's Tours. Taking my 9-year-old daughter, so the Nash Trash Tour is sadly not an option, but what do you recommend as a tour for seeing the sites, homes of the starts, etc? Thanks! Any other "Don't miss" suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

iRide Nashville
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Joyride Nashville
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Music City Rollin' Jamboree Tours
City Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Gray Line Tours
Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

Tommy's is very well-reviewed on this forum, I haven't heard anything about the Discover Nashville tour. You might google it to see if there are any reviews on Yelp or this (and other) travel forums.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

We took the Tommy Tour last year and it was awful! We flew by the stars homes and the driver was not well informed. The best thing was we saw areas, as we zoomed by, that we decided to drive and see on our own.

Don't take the tour, we had an entire bus of unhappy people that could NOT wait for the tour to end!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

I have done Tommy's Tour twice with my child (who is a big country music and country star fan). We enjoyed the tour equally both times and didn't feel the driver drove too fast past the homes and sights. We thought it was informative and that it was a worthwhile activity.

When visiting Nashville I think going to the Grand Ole Opry for a show and/or tour is a must. Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Tommy's Tours or Discover Nashville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:43