We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Weekend Ideas

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day Weekend Ideas

My boyfriend and I will be staying dowtown Labor Day weekend. Other than seeing a concert at the Ryman, we have no plans and I would love any suggestions on what to do while we are there. We love music, interesting bars and great (non-chain) restaurants.

thanks for your time!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day Weekend Ideas

Check out the music listing links in the FAQ to find out what shows are happening that weekend. For good local bars, check out the scene in East Nashville. There are lots of great restaurants that get regular rec's here in the forum. Try City House, Cafe Margot, Marche, Holland House, or any of the members of Nashville Originals.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
City House
City House
382 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Holland
Holland
Ottawa County, MI
Kreskin2207
Level Contributor
62 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day Weekend Ideas

Check this out. I might be in town that weekend as well and was searching for some things to do. This looks like an awesome event with free quality music - http://tnne.ws/Ngk7B3. Can you really go wrong with food trucks and Blind Boys of Alabama (for free?)

Hit Rotier's - dive with an amazing burger. Super cheap and super good. Also, a friend has recommended Patterson House for cocktails and The Pharmacy for the outdoor beer garden. There's also a few breweries worth checking out if that's your thing - Jackalope, Broadway Brewhouse, Yazoo, Fat Bottom (just opened.) My friend also vouched for City House, Marche, & Cafe Margot. Of course, you got to hit the honky tonks one night too....Robert's Western World seems like the ticket...

Mentioned in this post
Alabama
Alabama
United States
Rotier's
Rotier's
396 Reviews
Nashville, TN
The Patterson House
The Patterson House
411 Reviews
Nashville, TN
City House
City House
382 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Robert's Western World
Robert's Western World
732 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day Weekend Ideas

If you only did the Wallace63 or Kreskin2207 itenerary you would have a wonderful experience! Allow me to throw in a few other nuggets...if you are into modern alternative music in the least, you should go by Jack White's Third Man Records on 7th Ave S for some out of the ordinary vinyl...also further on down on 8th Ave S Grimey's (used) Records is an indy music haven for new/used CD and Vinyl records, there is usually ALWAYS somthing going on there! 12 South (12 Ave S) has some interesting restaurants worth note...Edley's BBQ, BurgerUP, 12 South Tap Room, Frothy Monkey, Portland Brew (coffee), Fish & Co and MAFIAoZA's, to name a few! You can find more information about all these places on the web. You will also find they are within a very close drive of downtown! Hope you have a GREAT Nashville adventure!

Mentioned in this post
Third Man Records
Third Man Records
134 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Edley's BBQ
Edley's BBQ
255 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Frothy Monkey
Frothy Monkey
434 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Mafiaoza's
Mafiaoza's
206 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day Weekend Ideas

Thank you so much for the great suggestions! I can't wait for our trip!

5. Re: Labor Day Weekend Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 05:15