We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near the Coliseum?

Gate City VA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay near the Coliseum?

My husband and I are going to be visiting Nashville in July. We are attending some events at the Coliseum and would love to find a really nice hotel within a short walking distance. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near the Coliseum?

Hi, Coming for the July 8th event? You want to stay across the river into downtown.

You have the Doubletree Hotel, Courtyard by Marriott, The Hilton Downtown and The Renaissance Nashville. All are within walking distance of the Coliseum.

If this is the event, The Doubletree and The Renaissance currently have the cheapest rates for that night. Keep in mind that they will charge extra for parking, as most any hotel in a downtown area.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near the Coliseum?

Go Doubletree, if available. Shortest distance to Coliseum, close to 2nd Ave, Ryman, Country Music Hall of Fame, etc.

Nashville
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near the Coliseum?

be advised that there are a couple very seedy or very dirty hotels next to the coliseum...i don't know if i can mention their names but the reviews on here are accurate. Also, if they rent rooms by the week do not stay there!

Stay just across the river in downtown and you should be ok.