We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

Heading down to Tennessee on the 29th of April and wanted insider information on the best places to go for music.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

I am going to assume you want country music:

Bluebird Cafe

Tootsies Orchid Lounge

Roberts Western Wear

Wildhorse Saloon

Tin Roof

Welcome to Nashville and have fun.

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

Go anyplace.

Really.

Nashville is sooo full of musicians, studio musicians, wannabes and everybody else who wants to be a star that you can find really good music anywhere--even the lounge at a Red Roof Inn. There is such a good supply of talent that only good people get to take the stage.

Its like a finding a good-looking woman in Hollywood---you don't have to look far.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

My favorite band in Nashville, Brazilbilly, plays at Robert's Western World on Lower Broadway every Friday and Saturday night (the late show, starting around 10 p.m.). I definitely recommend them. All of the bands in the bars on Broadway are good, so you can't go wrong.

If you choose to go hear music on Demonbreun (Tin Roof, Dan McGuinness, etc.), just know that the crowd veers toward the early to mid-20s.

franklin, TN
Level Contributor
89 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insider or Native Nashvillian on the best places to go for...

hi --

anything at the ryman auditorium (downtown) or the bluebird cafe (green hills area, south of downtown, south of vanderbilt, south of I-440).

-- susie margaret