We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond,Il
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

Hi,

Just passing thru Nashville & looking for a clean & reasonable hotel(hopefully on the south end to miss the Monday morning traffic when we leave). It could even be a little farther south on 24. Thanks much

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

I was going to suggest either Brentwood or Cool Springs, however it sounds like you may be going more toward Chattanooga/Atlanta??

If you are going south on I-65 to Alabama, you will find an assortment of quality hotels in Brentwood (Exit 74) and Franklin/Cool Springs (Exits 65-68) such as Hampton Inn, Marriott, aLoft, Hilton, etc.

If you are going southeast on I-24 toward Georgia you might look for accomodations in Murfreesboro. As I recall there are some brand new hotels on the exit for Medical Center Parkway!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

I can recommend the Best Western at I-2 and Old Hickory Blvd - I think it's called the Best Western Music City. You can read my full review here on TA.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

If you are going down I-24, go down to Smyrna and get off at the Sam Ridley exit. There is a cluster of new-construction hotels and the usual chain shops and restaurants. I would not generally recommend the Old Hickory Blvd / I-24 area.

Richmond,Il
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

Thanks for all the great replies, as I was actually thinking of going to Smyrna or Murfreesboro...if anyone has any specific recommendations there? I looked over all the Trip Advisor posts for those areas and seem to be getting conflicting reports(at least on the cheaper places). There might be something very new to check out?

Thanks again

Omaha
Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

We stayed at the Smyrna exit that TFerrell mentions last summer. Like you, we wanted to get through Nashville to the south before stopping for the night in order to bypass the morning traffic. We found it to be an excellent area for a stopover. We stayed at the Hampton, but my recollection is that there were several other good choices there as well as lots of restaurants. I'd definitely keep it on my list of places to stay when just looking for a good value in a suburban area for a quick overnight stop.

Richmond,Il
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

Thanks so much...we will definitely check that area out!

7. Re: Reasonable & Clean hotel south of Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 10:15