We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

Hi, Coming to Nashville over 17-20 Dec, and got recommended to see their Christmas show, can do their 18th or 19th show, but it appears on Ticketmaster there all sold out, it doesn't state that but there's no matching tickets.

Anyone know of any other sites, that sells at RRP no OTT? Otherwise looks as if we'll be seeing the Rockettes at the Orpy instead.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

There are always tickets for events available from street vendors - the truly legitimate ones are issued permits by the city. I would show up about an hour before showtime and negotiate with them for the seats you want.

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

There may be some other good options even if you don't score tickets for Amy and Vince! Check to see if any other Christmas shows are performing at the Ryman while you are in town, also look at Bridgestone Arena, Schermerhorm Symphony Center and the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. If you can see the Amy Grant & Vince Gill show, set aside some $$$s and make a lifetime memory!

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

Thanks for the suggestion Patrick, but I'd really want to have the tickets before I go, without worrying about legit tickets with scounts, and haggling. Shame, looks as if I should of bouce on the Amy & Vince tickets sooner.

I'd just had a look at all the others places you suggested Tndale, and the only place with a show, when we're in town, is "A Christmas Story" at the Andrew Johnson Theater, it's Nashville's Newest Holiday Tradition. -- Has anyone seen this before, any good? I like that the Theater is downtown, and afterwards we could hit some honky-tonks.

Whereas our other option is the Rockettes at the Gaylord Hotel. On a related note, the Christmas lights at the Gaylord can you do them anytime of the day, or are they best seem at night, I was on the assumption their all indoors?

Which one would be the best? Rockettes or A Christmas Story??

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

Emma,

We wanted to go see Vince Gill and Amy Grant's Christmas show too! But we waited too late to get tickets, even though they added two more shows! I thought all the shows were sold out!

That 'A Christmas Story' play sounds like fun! But since we couldn't get tickets to Vince and Amy's show, we are going to see The Rockettes! Can't wait!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

Just a reminder that the Rockettes are at the Grand Ole Opry House, which is ajacent to the Gaylod Opryland Hotel, but is separate. The lights at the hotel are indoors and out. Much better at night than during the day, but they stay on all night, so timing isn't an issue.

Many activities at the Hotel are free, others charge a small fee, others are full-fee. Here is a link to the full list of activities: gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/a-country…

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

A Christmas Story is put on by the Tennessee Rep, Nashville's professional theater group. ALL of their productions are EXCELLENT. A Christmas Story has been a movie, and before that, a well-known short story, and has become a modern classic.

7. Re: I think I might have missed out, Amy Grant & Vince Gill...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 10:15