We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much of a pain is it??

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
How much of a pain is it??

I have been trying to plan a trip to Nashville ALL year and something always comes up and we dont go, I am going to try again for the 17th-19th of this month(NOV) and was wondering if I stay somewhere other than Downtown Nashville, just how much of a pain is it to find parking or get a cab flagged down??

I was thinking of the Comfort Inn about a mile away from Broadway, I just hate paying to park at hotels, so if we are just there for a weekend and just see the highlites of Nashville is it really a big deal if we dont stay on the main drag?

Since this is so short notice, I havn't even looked to see if we would be able to catch a show.....hopefully I can get a hotel booked, that would be great for now!! LOL

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much of a pain is it??

Cabs are easy to come by, but you can't just flag 'em down on the street as a rule. There are cab stands at hotels and you can call for one. Many hotels also have shuttles. The Music City Circuit bus is free and loops around popular destinations. Many many prople don't stay in the core downtown tourist zone and have a good visit & do everything they want to do with little hassle.

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much of a pain is it??

Give some thought to looking in the Vanderbilt area, which is just an additional mile or so from downtown. You will have no lack of shopping, restaurants or sights to see! And easy parking.

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much of a pain is it??

Thanks!!! Since we will have a car, I didn't figure it would be too hard to get to where we wanted to go anyways or at least get back to our hotel!!

This will be a fly by the seat of our pants visit, so not a whole lot of planning going on, which might just be a good thing!!

Happy Travels!!

4. Re: How much of a pain is it??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:17