We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Trip

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
April Trip

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Nashville for the first week of April and have chosen the Best Western Plus Music Row to stay at. We want to be near things but don't want to spend too much ($110/night max)on the hotel. Is it in a good area or should we keep looking? What are the things you recommend doing while we are there?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Trip

It's a fine area, close to restaurants and shops at Music Circle and along West End, and a quick cab ride to the downtown tourist zone. Probably not walkable from the honky tonks at night - not a dangerous route, but not a lot of foot traffic. Give us some ideas what you like to see/do and we can recommend things. Both the forum and the FAQ are good ways to get an initial idea of the various options.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Trip

Kourtney, we stayed at the BW Music Row in December. It's not a bad hotel, but is sufficient, If you can find a hotel in your budget downtown [somewhere between Broadway & 1-4th Ave]. The hotel did as of Jan 1st this year become smoke-free which is always a plus, with free parking and breakfast too.

It's $8 one way for a taxi downtown on an evening, the hotel will call one for you.

The hotel say you can walk but I'd rather take a taxi for the reasons wallace mentions.

If you have a car, I really recommend going to Loveless Cafe for lunch or dinner, about a 20mins drive from downtown.

And doing a daytrip to the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, TN and then have lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's.

Things to do in town; Honky Tonks on a evening til late!!

Country Music Hall of Fame

Nashtrash Tours [very funny! not a tour though]

A show at either the Ryman or Grand Opry or BOTH

visit a plantation - Hertimage or Belle Meade

3. Re: April Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:18