We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - From a Local!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
273 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - From a Local!

Hi all! A friend of mine came down to visit this weekend and we visited quite a few tourist destinations. Here's my report on what we did. Enjoy! :)

…travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Thanks for the TR Lindsey, loved it...makes me wanna go back to Nashville now!

I didn't get the chance to go to Bluebird, spent all my evening on Broadway...oops! But I wish I had gone!

I know what you mean about trying to get to the toilets in Tootsies, but regardless I love it in there!

Oh, and Loveless Cafe is delicious..I wish I had tried their pies. I usually don't buy restaurant merch, but the items in their store were soo nice. I spent a small fortune! lol

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Thank you! I'm glad you had fun on your visit as well! :)

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Great trip report with your friend! I love Nashville too, wish I could move there, but we're only a couple hours away. We try to to there whenever we have a chance, but you're right, it seems you never have enough time to do everything!

Thanks for the recommendations for the restaurants!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Great report, one minor correction. The Ryman is not the Original home of the Grand Ole Opry. The Opry played in many other venues (War Memorial Auditorium, Belcourt Theater, et al) in Nashville before moving to the Ryman in the 1940's. The Ryman is the Most Famous Home of the Grand Ole Opry.

Many other places to visit too: historic homes - Belmont, Bell Mead, Hermitage, Cheekwood, Travellers Rest, Carter House, Croft House, etc., attractions - Nashville Zoo, Parthenon, Adventure Science Museum, Lane Auto Museum, Country Musis Hall of Fame, etc., Sports - Vandy, Belmont, Lipscomb, TSU, Predators, Titans, etc.. Well, I think you get the idea, there are LOTS of things to do in Nashville, way too much to do in 2-3 days, not to mention the amazing day trips available - Jack Daniels, Franklin, Mammoth Cave, etc.

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Super report...

inspired me to create a travel blog too!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Thanks guys! :) glad you enjoyed it!

Houston
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Any tips for parking by the Big Bang piano bar?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

Just depends on how much you want to pay to park! I usually bite the bullet and pay, I don't like wasting my time trying to find a cheap spot to park. I like the lot on 4th across from the Hilton. There's another on 3rd next to the post office that's a garage and is cheaper. But if you're looking for the cheapest, I'd suggest the library parking lot. It's across from the Renassaince (spelling?!) hotel, it's $4. But the one of fourth will be one of the closest for you. Good luck!

Houston
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

I usually try to look for the safest for my car! My boyfriend thinks I'm a nut but I hate tight spots!

10. Re: Trip Report - From a Local!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:15