We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip

Brodhead...
2 posts
Save Topic
Road trip

My husband & I want to drive from WI to Nashville at the end of March with our 9 year old girl for her spring break. Where to stay and what to do? We have 4 days in Nashville.

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip

What are some of the 'to do' items on your itenerary??

Let's get you a place to stay first and the rest should fall into place!

Since you will have a car there will be no issue getting around and

honestly not as much need to STAY downtown!

If you want the downtown vibe and don't mind paying a few extra $$$ to park there are several good hotels that are within easy walks of restaruants, museums, historic buildings/sights, entertainment venues, etc.!

Also consider hotels in the West End/Vanderbilt area, Brentwood and Cool Springs. Others have also found some good deals in Donelson and near the Airport.

Let us know if you are looking for fun, food, music or history...or ALL of the ABOVE and you can get a good to do list nailed down!!

Brodhead...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip

What is "Music Row"? We would like to see the Grand Ole Opry house, my daughter LOVES music, so anything we do that involves music would be great, and the 3 of us enjoy history. I have read about an old plantation house and something about Andrew Jackson??? We just dont know if it is worth paying the xtra $ to stay down town, but I dont want a no-tell motel either!!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip

Music Row is the center of the music business. Nothing much to see there for tourists, other than perhaps a tour of the old RCA Studio B.

The downtown zone along Broadway, from the river to about 5th Ave South, and for a few blocks north and south, is where all the honky-tonks are.

The Opry House (building) on the outskirts of town is the (usual) modern home of the Grand Ole Opry (show). The Opry still performs in the Ryman Auditorium downtown, its long-time historic home sometimes, especially in the summer. Tours are available for both the Opry House and the Ryman.

4. Re: Road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:16