We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
408 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

Thanks for everyones help, i think I am almost done planning :)

Can I get your thoughts and opinions for my trip?

Day 1:

Traveling to Nashville

Check in to hotel and relax for a couple hours

Go to Opryland hotel - have dinner at the irish pub, take boat ride (any idea hours of operation) and shop (any place that is a cant miss in the hotel?)

Day 2:

Thirdman records

Varollas for lunch

Wander the arcade, 4th, church, broadway, 2nd

Dinner at Pucketts

Day 3:

Pancake pantry

Craft show (will my boyfriend hate this?)

Corsair distillery tour

Dinner (suggestions near Bridgestone?)

Bridgestone arena

Day 4:

Check out

Stop at lost river cave or diamond (preference?)

Drive home

Sound like a decent trip? Would you make any changes or additions?

Thanks again for all the help!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

It looks like a pretty good itinerary! Seeing the opryland hotel is certainly an experience, but I can't personally recommend buying dinner there. There are a ton of independent, yummy local restaurants in Nashville in all price ranges. There's a nice little shopping area immediately around Pancake Pantry that's worth checking out. The Corasir tour will be great. For dinner that night, consider treating yourself to a meal at either the Southern or Etch, both of which are about a block from Bridgestone.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
408 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

Thanks so much. Etch and southern look a bit pricey. Other ideas?

Southern looks tasty though

Edited: 21 March 2013, 17:13
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

If you're looking for an Irish pub, skip the one at the Opryland hotel and go to McNamara's instead. It's not far from the Opryland area. It's super busy on Friday nights so reservations are a must then, and a good idea any night. Ask for the red room to be in the same room as the band. Every now and then (the next one is coming up in April) there's a cover charge for a band, but it's rare and easy to schedule around.

Closed Mondays.

http://www.mcnamarasirishpub.com/

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
408 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

Thanks, it looks tasty i really only picked the one on opryland because of driving the same. Day and possibly being lazy but i will totally keep it as an option.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

If your BF doesn't like the crafts fair, the Corsair distillery tour will make up for it. :)

Dinner downtown doesn't have to be expensive. wallace63's suggestions are good ones though if you're looking for that speciall dinner. Otherwise, check out Jack's BBQ or San Antonio Taco Co. for something casual. Look at Merchants (downstairs isn't overly pricey) for something a bit nicer that won't require a 2nd mortgage.

www.merchantsrestaurant.com/images/down.pdf

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

McNamara's Irish Pub is great! Great music and food - and the service is truly wonderful. I love it there. The owner is one of the musicians and is a very nice guy.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

Merchants and Big River Grille are both downtown and close to Bridgestone and both would be great options for dinner. There are many restaurants in the Gulch. One of our favorite dinner spots at Opry Mills is the Claim Jumper, since your staying in that area. Also Lost River Cave is supposed to be a really cool tour and worth checking out, the Corvette Museum is also in Bowling Green, if you care anything about that. Also Noshville is a great place for breakfast or lunch---will be in downtown area, not close to Opryland Hotel. Are you going to the Grand Old Opry? If that's your kind of thing, it's a fun experience. There is also an IMAX at Opry Mills and great shopping--if you like outlet type stores etc... If you want to take a very short drive I recommend you try Loveless Cafe while you're there...there are little shops to browse while you wait for a table (sometimes it takes awhile....but it's worth the wait)....the food is great and a true Nashville experience.

8. Re: Basic trip itinerary? Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:16