We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

Level Contributor
203 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

We'll be at the Sheraton Downtown in March - any suggestions for a good barbecue place within walking distance? Thanks in advance!

Nashville
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

Your best (and pretty much only) bet is Jacks BBQ - 416 Broadway - a very short walk from Sheraton. Pretty good brisket and ribs but a little overpriced. If you have a car definitely go to Judge Beans on Wedgewood Ave. (about 5 minute ride from Sheraton), a great Texas style BBQ joint.

Nashville, TN
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

There's a couple BBQ places down on Broadway (a 3 or 4 block walk from the Sheraton). The 2 best are definitely Jack's and Rippy's.

…citysearch.com/customer_website/9319156

I personally prefer Rippy's, but Jack's is most people's favorite.

If you can get a little out of downtown, Judge Bean's BBQ has great Texas style BBQ.

TAMPICO ILLINOIS
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

Jack's is definitely a must-do! Prices are very reasonable, and it's definitely convenient if you're staying downtown...after Jack's you can easily walk to CM Hall of Fame, Ryman Auditorium, next dor to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.....enough great places within a few minutes walk to spend an entire day. I always buy a few bottles of Jack's sauce to bring back home, too, great for backyard cook-outs.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B-b-cue place downtown near the Sheraton?

Jacks...but be prepared. I have seen lines out the door to get in this place that rival the Soup Nazi!!

Welcome to Nashville.