We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more question before our visit

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brush Prairie
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
One more question before our visit

Making some final decisions before May trip. We are flying into Nashville and staying downtown for three days. We will be getting a rental car when we leave on our journey to Charleston and Savannah. My question is whether we should get the car one day earlier to visit the plantations and Grand Old Opry or whether it would be easier and less expensive to just take tours or shuttles...You have all been very helpful with our trip plans...Thanks so much...

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more question before our visit

I prefer having a car, it's easier having freedom without having to conform to shuttle schedules etc... Easier would be car.

Less Expensive = would be cost of tours/shuttles vs. cost of extra days car rental [presume not much extra] + one day of hotel parking fees [if hotel charges]

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more question before our visit

Whether it's cheaper or not depends on your existing rental agreement plus your hotel. Car rentals are often cheaper for a full week rather than 6 days, for example. So check to see how much adding a day to your rental will actually cost. Then, see if your hotel offers free shuttles to major sites - some do. If not, and you are interested in an organized tour, look at Gray Line. I don't think any one tour is going to encompass the GOO plus historic sites, so you will have to choose. I think GL has a single tour that hit both The Hermitage and Belle Meade Mansion, but that's a full day in and of itself. If you have a car you'll be able to hit GOO plus a mansion or two.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more question before our visit

I would think that you would probably need to do the car thing for this. It's pretty spread out and would make it a lot more convenient!

Brush Prairie
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more question before our visit

Thanks to everyone for advice. I think we will pick up the car for use on our last day in Nashville. Hopefully get ting to these places won't be too difficult:) Getting excited!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One more question before our visit

If you go to the Grand Ole Opry, you can park in the parking lot at Opry Mills shopping center for free and just walk across. :)

6. Re: One more question before our visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17