We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville for one night/one day in August

burbs
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Nashville for one night/one day in August

Hi all. Husband and I are coming into Nashville for one night and one day August 10th. Where should we stay, what should we not miss? Driving in, love to eat, don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel, but want upscale (maybe boutique?), specific bars to hit, restaurants, "touristy" places? Any help would be appreciated!

iRide Nashville
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Joyride Nashville
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Music City Rollin' Jamboree Tours
City Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Gray Line Tours
Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Sightseeing Tours
georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

We recently stayed at Hotel Indigo, a boutique hotel about four blocks from broadway, wasn't super expensive and really enjoyed it...we didn't really do the bars, but we went to a speakeasy one night called the Patterson House, they had the best cocktails ever...

burbs
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

Thanks. I tried to find that one, but no website? I did find a link on here that shows me some pics and has good reviews. I will keep that on my short list! The Patterson House gets mixed reviews because of the long waits... did you have to wait long?

burbs
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

I found the website. Will keep it on the list!

Anyone else? Suggestions?

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

No, we went on a sunday night, we only had about a 5 minute wait, it was great. I think they are open til 3 am!

Edited: 07 April 2013, 05:18
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

specific bars to hit - Tootsies, Legends, The Stage on Broadway, Layla's, & Robert's Western World

restaurants - Loveless Cafe (outside of Downtown Nashville but worthwhile to make the trip), Puckett's, Arnolds, Monell's, Mitchell's Deli (east Nashville)

"touristy" places - Nashtrash Tour, Country Music Hall, Grand Ole Opry, Ryman etc...

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

The downtown Hotel Indigo on Union is probably your best choice. For that limited time you'll probably want to be downtown. The exception to that would be if you could find a great rate at the Hermitage Hotel. It's the best place in the city.

A day and a night won't be enough time to see all that Nashville has to offer (perhaps you can visit again sometime), but you can get your neon tan on by wandering the honky-tonks along Broadway between 2nd and 5th Ave. Don't worry...the touristy area is hard to miss downtown.

For the daytime, check on a tour of The Ryman Auditorium. If there are no concerts that day, they do backstage tours. The other big attraction downtown would be the Country Music Hall of Fame.

For a nice dinner, The Southern, Etch, and Kayne Prime are all highly recommended on this forum. For more casual, try Merchants (the downstairs seatings) or Puckett's. For a quick meal, try Jack's BBQ or San Antonio Taco Co.

If you have a sweet tooth, check out The Peanut Shop in the Arcade. Ask any of the locals working at any of the shops around downtown and they can tell you how to get there.

http://www.nashvillenut.com/index.php

burbs
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards Hotel Indigo. What about Aloft? Is that in the downtown area where you could walk to nightlife?

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
736 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

Just spent the wknd at the Indigo and was really impressed. Friday and Saturday night music was really nice in the lounge. Over by 11 and then down the street to anything you want. Breakfast at 417 Union up two blocks was a perfect ending. Friends stayed at Aloft, enjoyed it but wished they could have gotten in at the Indigo.

Newly remodeled rooms are beautiful.

Peace

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
273 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

Monkeylizard took the words out of my mouth. Do all of that. If you're an early riser, take a cab (EARLY, like 6-7) and hit the Pancake Pantry. Yum. Then do all the mentioned above :) Ryman is my fav.

10. Re: Nashville for one night/one day in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 07:16