We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

Freeland...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

I am at the beginning stages of planning my trip to Nashville for the 2014 CMA music fest.

When looking for a hotel where do I want to be? Ive read some posts and notice people mention downtown, music row, etc.

Since I have over a year Im trying to book in advance to try to avoid some of the inflated rates.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

There's a link on the right hand side for "What area of town should I stay in?". Take a look at that.

Downtown is what you probably want. That's anything east of I-40, west of the Cumberland River, south of the state capitol building and north of Korean Veterans Blvd. If you use Priceline, it will include "Metro Center" as part of downtown. It's not part of downtown and is located north of I-65 along Rosa L Parks Blvd. It isn't safe to walk to/from there even if you wanted to walk the several miles. If you're going to be focused on CMA events and the downtown area, you probably won't need a car.

Vanderbilt/West End is a good 2nd choice to downtown. It's somewhat cheaper (though not usually "low budget"), often inlcudes free parking and shuttles, is a straight shot to/from downtown, and is a good part of town. A car gives you flexibility, but like I said, most have free shuttles, and cabs from this area to downtown are cheap (about $5-$10 each way).

I'd pick the airport area as a 3rd choice, then the Opryland area. I'd only opt to be in either of those if my budget forced me out there.

Music Row is the business side of the music industry. It's not a tourism destination. Just offices and boring stuff, mostly. A few neighborhood restaurants, but not an area I'd suggest.

Freeland...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

Thank you, thats the kind of input I was looking for you. I havent had a chance to check out the link you mention yet but can you comment on the Gulch neighborhood for music fest? I found some rentals available on vrbo in that area

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

The Gulch is a good area close to downtown that has been recently developed with a lot of new condos. There are a number of restaurants, and you can catch the free Music City Circuit green line down to Lower Broadway.

http://www.nashvillegulch.com/

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

During the day, you can walk from the Gulch to the honky tonk zone. At night, I'd catch the green line or a cab. It's not a "bad" neighborhood in between, but more of an industrial area/empty parking lots that get desolate at night with little foot traffic. You're looking at about 8 blocks of walking between the 2 areas.

Mundelein, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

Hi

I'm also in the very beginning of planning cma festival for 2014!! This would be first trip to Nashville with best friend, girls trip no husbands. Just starting to get prices for airfare, tickets for lp field and hotel. Because my friend and I split the cost trying to do the Hermitage Hotel. It's expensive but 1/2 the cost is much better then the whole price. Also doing a lot of reading about cma festival! Well here's to planning, have a great trip.

Post if you learn anything new about the cma!!😀

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

My husband and I booked our trip @ CMA for less. It's an expensive route but well worth it. They deliver everything u will need to whatever hotel u stay! About $750 a person. I suggest Drury Inn it has full breakfast & happy hour with heavy appetizers which I would consider dinner!!! Awesome experience.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

My husband and I booked our trip @ CMA for less. It's an expensive route but well worth it. They deliver everything u will need to whatever hotel u stay! About $750 a person. I suggest Drury Inn it has full breakfast & happy hour with heavy appetizers which I would consider dinner!!! Awesome experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

Hi there!

My husband and I are also planning for CMA 2014, coming from Australia. It will be our first trip to the USA and we're concentrating on Nashville, New Orleans and will visit Vegas too, for the experience.

I would love to learn more about Nashville from you all (y'all) and happy to share whatever I learn too!

This is going to be awesome!!! So excited!

Wish we were there now!

Jodee

Union, Missouri
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

have been searching for lodging but haven't seen any hotel rooms available yet. is it too far out to book hotel rooms? would like to stay downtown but am unsure when hotels release their rooms for booking, and if most rooms have been retained by tourism groups for package buyers. thanks so much.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nashville neighborhoods-cma festival

If you have the dates (I'm pretty sure CMA 2014 is scheduled already) just call the hotel you're looking at and ask when they will open up those dates for booking. Most will book 12 months out so start calling now.