We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab fares

coventry
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
cab fares

coming to nashville in august could anyone tell me the price of a cab from airport to double tree hotel down town also a good steakhouse in downtown thanks

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab fares

Standard cab fare from the airport to downtown will be about $25 w/o tip.

As for steak, downtown, go to Mortons of Chicago. Some will say Demos is good, I was not impressed.

A little farther out west, couple miles, Ruths Chris is in the Vanderbilt Plaza, always good. Flemings over by Centennial Park (wasn't impressed). A local place a little ways out in Belle Meade, a place called Sperrys, which I always enjoyed.

Good luck, and welcome to Nashville.

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cab fares

Any other mode of transport from the airport to the Doubletree or is a cab the best bet?

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab fares

I wouldn't trust bus service from the airport to downtown, which would be your only other option. Stick with the cab.

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cab fares

OK, thanks for that Volrichard!

Daytona/Port Orange
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab fares

The bus service from the airport is not great.

Go to nashvillemta.org and see bus 18 elm hill pike/airport.

If it is monday-friday during rush hours, you might get lucky and get a bus to downtown...it stops at the doubletree.

it's $1.25 to downtown

Daytona/Port Orange
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cab fares

mon-fri the bus to/from the airport/doubletree leaves around every hour from roughly 8am to 5:30 pm.

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cab fares

Thanks for that John!

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cab fares

Thanks for that John!

9. Re: cab fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 20:19