We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville - recommended time frame

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville - recommended time frame

What would be a good recommended time frame for Nashville.

2 nights or 3 nights.

I like to do historical sites. I like country music, something outdoors. perhaps

good place to run

this is travel for end of October?

thanks

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

I would stay three nights. I am a Nashville local. Sense you like country music and History, I would put the Historical Ryman Auditorium at the top of your list. Also of course "The Grand Ole Opry". As for places to run, I would go to Centennial Park wich is also home to a to scale replica of The Parthanon. About thirty minutes South of Nashville is Franklin. I suggest spending a day there. They have three houses to tour as part of the Battle of Franklin and a confederate cemetery. They also have a historic working Theater that shows mpvies every day. I hope this helps some!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,189 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

We spent 3-4 days in Nashville and were busy the whole time, although we didn't go to Franklin.

We liked" Grand Ole Opry Show & backstage tour

Ryman Auditorium

Country Music Museum & Hall of Fame

Hermitage

Parthenon

Bicentennial Park

State Capitol

State Museum

Belle Meade

Cheekwood

Frist Center

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

Sounds like a week is needed!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

I would recommend 3 nights - 2 nights is definitely too short. Three nights isn't necessarily enough time either (particularly if you include a night at the Grand Ole Opry), but it won't feel nearly as rushed. We recently spent three nights in Nashville and found that, while we definitely want to go back to hit some of the sights we missed the first time around, we were satisfied with the amount of time we had and how much we were able to see as a result.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

Did you drive bttravellerToronto? I'm driving down for a four day three night jaunt in Nashville in October....how was the drive, if you drove?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

Hi tdsuperstar - yes, we did drive down, and found it to be totally fine (depending on your tolerance for long trips, I suppose): on the way back, we made it from door-to-door (literally: from leaving our hotel room to standing in our kitchen) in 14 hours, which included a stop for lunch and a stop for dinner. On the way down there, we left Toronto at around 8am, and spent the night in a hotel near Elizabethtown, Kentucky (getting in around 10pm) - that left us about a 1.5-2 hour drive in the morning to get into Nashville - to us, it made sense to spend the first night in a cheaper hotel outside of Nashville, rather than try to power through all the way to Nashville and spend extra money on a Nashville hotel room. The one thing which tripped us up on the way down to Nashville was getting caught in the traffic caused by a *huge* accident south of Toledo, Ohio and then getting caught in rush-hour traffic in Cincinnati - those added about 2 hours to our travel time. Lots of great food options along both I-75 and I-65.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

thanks for the reply.....the plan is to power through, since we will have four drivers and we are trying to get to a Predators game.....hopefully we will get luckier with avoiding any huge accidents....

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

For the OP, check this out. It may fit both your need to run and get some history.

http://www.nashvillerunningtours.com/

9. Re: Nashville - recommended time frame

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:18