We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed on Springhill Suits location

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Info needed on Springhill Suits location

My family of four adults will be visitng Nashville for three days in mid October. I have been looking at Springhill Suites at the airport and Athens Way. (The only two I saw listed) We want to do the usual tourist thing...Grand Ole Opry, tours, Ryman, Bluebird Cafe, etc. Which location is best for what what want to do? I have had good results staying at Spring Hill Suits. Does anyone know if the one at the Airport is newer? Also any suggestions on other hotels in the $90 to $100 price range compareable to Spring Hill? Now for resturants.Where do the locals eat.?That always seems to be the best choice. What is the weather like in October? Is it cold enought for coats? we are from Florida and 70 degrees is cold to us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

If you had to choose between the two I would NOT stay at the one at Athens Way. I would venture a guess that the airport one is newer as the Athens Way is in Metro Center and not much goes on there. If you are looking for a suite style hotel have you checked out the Hampton Inn Suites on Elliston Place? Being from Nashville I have not stayed there, lol but it is in a great part of town and walking distance to some good restaurants. I'm not sure what your budget is for dining but Valentino's on West End is good for Italian (ask to sit downstairs in the wine cellar). The Boundry is a fun outdoor/indoor restaurant with a lot of different food choices. Both of these places are close to Elliston/Vanderbilt area.

You can also check Hilton Suites downtown that is a fabulous hotel and you are right in the middle of all the bars/restaurants downtown. We have stayed there and it is very nice.

October is still warm with cool nights here. It's hard to guess what the temp will be in that month here. A light jacket would definitely be a good thing to pack though.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

Places similar to Springhill Suites, try Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites (both by Hilton). I doubt you are going to find anything in the 90-100 range downtown. You will get closer to that out by the airport, but beware, contruction has traffic horribly messed up.

You may want to consider the Brentwood/Franklin/Cool Springs area. There are ES, Candlewood, Residence Inn, that would probably meet your requirements. Only about a 15 minute drive into downtown. Very safe area.

As for where the locals eat, here is the link to the Nashville Citysearch website, lots of good suggestions.

http://nashville.citysearch.com/

As for weather, mild days (70's), cool nights (50's - 60's). Bring a jackets, but a heavy coat will probably not be necessary.

Good luck and welcome to Nashville.

Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

Thanks for all the good replies for my search of a motel in Nashville. None of you really responded much to the idea of the Springhill Suite at the airport. Have I made a bad choice in location and is this motel not desireable? Where is the Rymand and the Grand Ole Opry in conparison to the airport? Is it near the places I mentioned to visit or is downtown nearer? I did not understand. I also tried the site for city info and could not find anything on resturants. I am glad to find out it will not be very cold. Please enlighten me more on this.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

As for the Springhill Suites, it is by Marriott, and everyone I have ever stayed at has been fine. I'm sure Marriott holds each one to certain standards. Don't worry about it, you will be fine, there.

As for location, you will be by the airport, which puts you halfway between the GOO at Opryland and the original Ryman, which is downtown. It is a safe area, the main issue there is traffic and construction. You will be fine staying there. They are both about a 10-15 minute drive to each, just in the opposite direction.

As for restaurants, I know I have my faves, but it may not be your preference. For breakfast, the Loveless Cafe (quite a hike from where you are staying, but very good and popular), the Pancake Pantry (favorite of Vince Gill) is also very good.

As for meals, not sure what your tastes are like, or price range you are looking for. I like Jacks on Broadway for BBQ, Calhouns for ribs. Demo's downtown is very popular. A great meat & 3 is Monells (the one in Franklin is in an old jail).

South Street, the Boundry, one of my personal faves, Sperrys are all good.

For a good burger, try Rotiers or Elliston Place Soda Shop.

Don't let our recommendation for other hotels deter you from the SHS, we were just trying to get you to a less congested part of town. You will not regret staying there.

Enjoy and Welcome to Nashville.

Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

For volrichard and River 525:

Thanks again for all your good information on Nashville locations,. I made a list of all the suggested resturants. About how far is the Loveless Cafe from the airport in miles? Would love to go there. Do they serve lunch also? We had planned on a trip to Graceland, but have had some disturbing reports on crime in that area and not much worth seeing. What are your views? Also how do you find out who is playing at the Opera and where do you buy advanced tickets?

What is the best tour of the stars homes? thanks for your help.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

The Loveless Cafe is open from 7a - 9p, supper starts around 11a. it is about 25 miles from the airport, but you will be going through town, so plan on about 40 minutes to get there, depending on traffic and construction.

http://www.lovelesscafe.com/

As for Graceland, don't worry about the reports of crime. It's no worse than anywhere else. Granted, it's not the best section of Memphis, however you will be one of hundreds of other tourists in the area. I guess whether or not it is worth it would depend on how much of an Elvis fan you are.

As for the GOO, here is their link, they usually post who will be there a week or 2 in advance, unless there are special guests. Tickets can be purchased through ticketmaster.

http://www.opry.com/

As for tours of the stars homes, being local, I have never done it. Perhaps someone else in the forum can help you with that.

Good luck and welcome to Nashville.

pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

We are also visiting Nashville and Graceland in the near future. We decided to stay in Southaven Mississippi. It is "just" over the border and after reading about it I will feel much safer. It is only about a 10-15 minute drive to Graceland and downtown Memphis.

I am still trying to pick a hotel in Nashville. WAS going to stay at SpringHill Suites by the airport....but after reading about all the construction, maybe I will look elsewhere!

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

Mollybud

I stayed at the Airport Springhill Suites for 2 nights in April. It is a newer hotel and very clean. Lots of families stay there. There was a soccer regional thing going on when I was there. Very busy, very nice pool. In my review for the hotel on this site, I mentioned a security issue. As a single woman traveling alone, it bothered me. However, I really think as a group you'll be fine. It's in a nice neighborhood with a lot of other similar hotels. I just like to be extra cautious when traveling alone.

9. Re: Info needed on Springhill Suits location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Nashville