We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

My husband and I will be in town to see Tim and Faith this weekend and want to pack in as many good restaurants as we can. On my list of possibilities are Watermark (Friday night?), Margot Cafe (Sunday brunch maybe?), Loveless (breakfast/lunch), Zola and Acorn. We will be in town from Thursday to Sunday.

I'm wondering if we should try to fit in a nice dinner before the concert on Saturday night (starts at 8pm). Will we be too rushed? Or are there other suggestions not mentioned above.....

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

Demos is close to Gaylord and we really liked it.They had a little of everything on their menu.I am sure you could ask at your hotel for directions.We walked from GEC and were served our food quickly.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

Loveless Cafe is great for Breakfast, however weekends have a long wait. You may also want to try the Pancake Pantry (favorite of Vince Gill).

As for pre-concert dinner, while not really walking distance, there are a variety of restaurants. Watermark is good, Nick & Rudys, Marios, Mid-Town Cafe. A little ways out, but one of my faves, Sperrys. The Capital Grille in the Hermitage Hotel is also good.

You didn't mention where you were staying, so I am keeping you in the downtown/Vandy area for the most part.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to Nashville.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

I like Demos, also.

There is also the Spaghetti Factory down on 2nd ave.

South Florida
Level Contributor
266 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

Demos is one of our favorites. Merchants is also very good. Both are in walking distance.

5. Re: Where to eat before a show at Gaylord?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 02:18