We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Nashville area...??

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
West Nashville area...??

Is this a nice area? i am having trouble finding a decent price hotel near downtown. Is the area just west of vanderbilt a good area to stay in? easy to get to downtown?

thanks.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Nashville area...??

Are you trying to be near downtown? I'm not sure what your budget is but yes the area around Vanderbilt is a good place to stay. There is a Hampton Inn & Suites on Elliston that is pretty new and cost efficient and then if you want downtown The Hilton Suites is great but more expensive. There is a Marriott at Vanderbilt that is new and right next to PF Changs, Flemings, etc.

Since you mentioned West Nashville I would stay away anyplace on or near Charlotte Ave off of I-40.

Hope this helps.

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: West Nashville area...??

yes i want to be close to downtown, we are going to the tim & faith concert at the GEC saturday night...only staying in a hotel on saturday night. i've tried to find a hotel downtown/vanderbilt area (area according to priceline), but most are full or either way to expensive! or complete dumps. So i thought i might try the west nashville area on priceline, wanted to make sure it was a good area, and not to far from downtown.

i think the area on priceline went from like 51st ave to around davidson st

thanks

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: West Nashville area...??

do you mean stay away from hotels right close to charlotte? because i think i was looking at one around there earlier....

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: West Nashville area...??

only other place i've been considering is brentwood, it's a nice area isn't it? but not real close to downtown....seems to have good priced hotels

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Nashville area...??

if you are coming in from Gulf Shores, you will be coming up I-65. Since you are only staying 1 night, Unless your reason for staying downtown is alcohol related, you might be better to get a room in the Brentwood/Franklin (Cool Springs)area, and drive in and out to the GEC on Saturday. It is only 15-20 minitue drive, traffic will be flowing very well since it is on a Saturday. Parking is abundant downtown around the GEC. Traffic patterns are pretty easy going out after the show.

If you are worried about drinking and driving, the Vanderbilt/West End area would be fine. You may try the Embassy Suites, or, while not my first choice, the Days Inn downtown would get you through.

Another option, on the north side of town may be the Maxwell House hotel.

Good luck, welcome to Nashville and enjoy the show.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Nashville area...??

Brentwood is a nice place to stay and not too far from downtown depending on time of day. And yes stay away from Charlotte Ave area hotels -- just not a great area of Nashville for tourists, etc. But I would still say Vanderbilt area or downtown is your best bet.

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: West Nashville area...??

well i can't find a hotel downtown with vacancies (or i can't afford it)...the reasonably priced ones in vanderbilt are full too, at least that i can see.....alcohol is not a factor, just me and my 15 year old sister, i won't be drinking.

maybe i'll just try brentwood, seems to have some nice hotels at good prices. drive is straight up 65 to downtown? sounds easy.

thanks all!!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Nashville area...??

You will be fine in that area. Plenty of options, and no bad areas. Straight shot up I-65, perhaps 10-15 minutes gets you to downtown. you'll be fine.

Have fun.

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: West Nashville area...??

thanks everyone! just booked a hotel in brentwood using priceline, got a great price for a three star.

thanks again for all the help...even from a vol ;)

Roll Tide!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: West Nashville area...??

As long as we keep it in the SEC.

Welcome.