We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

I'm looking for a group of 8 guys and am debating on staying near West End as the downtown hotels are extremely expensive in June. Are taxis very available on the street? Approx how much is a taxi from the embassy suites to downtown? We don't want to have to call taxis in advance, so just curious how available they are on the street.

thanks!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

Nashville is not a city where you can hail a cab on the street. You either have to call for a cab, or some of the larger hotels have stands. The West End Hotels typically have shuttles, though, that will take you downtown.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

I found cabs to be plentyful in the downtown area when I was there in Sept, but be warned the CMA's are on in june so you might have less luck with the amount of people that will be in the city for them

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

I've never had a problem hailing a cab in midtown/west end from the street.

NashVegas
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

Today I saw 6 cabs outside the Hutton Hotel which is on West End - and there were 3 new cabs - companies that I've never heard of before. Nashville has grown so much and there are so many new restaurants/venues that warrants more cabs, so I do not believe you will have problem. The Embassy is right down the street from some great new places as well (walking distance) Chuy's, The Tavern, Losers, Soulshine Pizza.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

As for cost, I would expect somewhere in the $5-$7 range each way, plus $1 per extra person, plus tip.

Many of the Vanderbilt/West end area hotels offer free shuttles to/from downtown. Check with each hotel you are considering and factor that into the cost.

6. Re: are taxis plentiful in the west end area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:16