We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct 3-8th

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Thomasas...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Oct 3-8th

Hello

My husband & I are travelling to Nashville Oct 3-8th driving from Ontario, Canada. I was doing some reseach and thought the Candlewood Suites in Brentwood seems like great value and a 12 min drive to downtown Nashville. We love country music and my husband esp loves old classic country.. ie Johnny Cash, Pasty Cline etc...I am a huge fan of Keith Urban... We were thinking of shows at the Ryman & Grand Ol Opry as well as the Johnny Cash museum & a few more... Do you have any suggestions as to where to eat, what else to see or if 5 nights is too much? We are then travelling over to Gatlinburg for a conference for 8 days. Will the Candlewood Suites be ok or is there somewhere else to stay thats within a reasonable budget?

Thanks for your help

Claire

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct 3-8th

I'm not sure exactly where the Candlewood Suites are located but I can tell you that Brentwood is a very good choice for accommodations. It's a very nice location close to downtown and will be more affordable than staying in the heart of the city. 5 days will give you PLENTY of time to see and do things. There is no shortage of venues to get your country music fix any night of the week and the restaurant scene is really booming right now. There are sooo many good restaurants - I don't even know where to start! It depends on what you're in the mood for - there is something for everyone's tastes and budget. I will tell you one of my favorite places to wine and dine in Brentwood (If you want to take a little break from touring downtown) is Mère Bulles in Maryland Farms. It's a huge old south home turned restaurant with the BEST she crab bisque and half price bottles of wine. I highly recommend!

Green River, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct 3-8th

We lived close to that area and it is very convenient to downtown. We used to have family and friends stay at the many hotels surrounding I-65 and Old Hickory Blvd. It can be a bit congested with traffic during peak times, especially the lights at Franklin Rd and Old Hickory Blvd, but it is manageable and it's a nice area to stay if you want to save a few bucks and don't mind a 10 minute drive downtown.

I always regret not dining at Mere Bulles - lived not 5 minutes from there and the two times we made reservations there, something came up and we had to cancel!

Edited: 16 May 2014, 23:55
3. Re: Oct 3-8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16