We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

Hi. Husband and I are hitting the Grand Ole' Opry tonight for the show. Are there any good barbecue restaurants around that area? If not, do you have other recommendations for dinner? Thank you!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

there are not any. the choices in that area or not the best that Nashville has to offer, but there are some decent spots. Next door at the mall is a Chuy's, which is actually quite good Tex Mex, even though it's a chain. Also in the mall are several Landry chain restaurants. A short drive away is ellendales, which is popular. There is also a Caney Fork fish camp, & a Thai restaurant whose name I can't remember, but it's supposed to be pretty good. There are a number of other chain restaurants like Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel in the area.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

The closest BBQ that's worth eating is Bar-B-Cutie on Donelson Pike. It's close to Ellendale's, but if I wasn't eating at BBCutie in that area, I'd skip Ellendale's and go to McNamara's Irish Pub instead.

If I was wanting something closer to the Opry House, it would be Chuy's in Opry Mills Mall, hands down.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

Thank you!

Nashville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

For what it's worth and I know it's after the fact, but Bar-B-Cutie would not be considered 'good barbecue' in my opinion. It is okay, and certainly better than the other local chain, Whitt's. I realize 'good' is subjective and perhaps has it place down the line from 'exceptional', 'outstanding' and 'great'.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

Oh, I agree. Bar-B-Cutie is far from good barbecue, but if the criteria is "Near the Opry" it's about as good as it gets so that's why I mentioned it.

6. Re: Good Barbecue Restaurants Near The Grand Ole' Opry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16