We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Nashville

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
3 Days in Nashville

My husband and I are planning on a long weekend for the 4th of July and are wondering what are the must do attractions to fill up our days. Thanks!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,677 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Not having any idea of your interests, it's hard to guess what you would like.

We enjoyed: Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, Ryman Auditorium, Hermitage, State Museum, State Capitol, Bicentennial Park, Parthenon, Frist Center, Grand Ole Opry show and backstage tour, Belle Meade, Cheekwood, wandering the honky tonks in the evening.

Didn't get to Belmont, Fort Nashborough, Bluebird Café.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Please share a bit more of your interests - Nashville has a little something for everyone!

I would not miss the downtown fireworks display on the 4th - it is truly world class and the best I have ever seen. They are done at LP Field and folks will descend upon hours beforehand to get good seats. I always recommend looking for a spot near 1st Ave and Union St. There is also a free concert that takes place at Riverfront Park on 1st Ave and Broadway.

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Thanks, we love country music of course. We do like outdoors stuff and more adventurous. Not too much into museums but country music hall of fame sounds awesome. So the fireworks show is good. I'm glad to hear that! Any must eat at restaurants and to be closer to the nightlife, what area hotels would I choose. Some say opryland, others airport, etc. thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,677 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

We liked staying downtown because there were many things we could walk to, especially in the evening.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Neither Opryland or the Airport are really close to the nightlife persay. You will probably want to be downtown for that - either the main downtown core which is from about Charlotte Ave to the north and Korean Veterans Blvd to the south and then 1st Ave to the east and 9th Ave to the west. These are usually the more expensive hotels in Nashville, so if they are out of your range, a great alternative is the West End/Vanderbilt area - most hotels are 1-2 miles to the west of the downtown core.

If you enjoy being outdoors, I would recommend a trip to either Radnor Lake or the Percy Warner Parks, about 15-20 minutes southwest of the city. Both have lots of nice trails and are a great day outdoors. If you go there, you could also check out Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Belle Meade Plantation. If you do not want to leave downtown, both Centennial Park and Bicentennial Mall are nice to stroll through. Centennial Park includes a nearly to-scale replica of the Parthenon that houses a nice art museum and Bicentennial Mall is adjacent to the Nashville Farmer's Market, which is fun to walk through and includes a dining area with awesome foods from around the world.

Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

We never considered ourselves big country fans, but we loved Grand Ole Opry and are going again real soon. Also the riverboat ride was relaxing and a fun time

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Thanks for the help. We are excited. I see the too places to eat, but just wondering if anyone had any must eat places.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

"Must eat" varies wildly from person to person. If you can give us an idea of your budget and the kind of food you like, and the kind of place you're interested in it will be easier to give recommendations.

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

Nothing to fancy, I am kinda picky so pretty much anything normal.

10. Re: 3 Days in Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nashville