We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

Hi - I'm going to be passing thru Nashville on my way north from Nola in September. By the time I get there it will be about midnight and I'll be checking out around 8 am, so I just need a safe, clean, nice hotel that is right off the interstate around Nashville.

Any recommendations? Thanks for the help!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

Are you coming in on I-65 or I-40?

Also, are you headed up I-65 N, I-24W, or I 40 E towards Knoxville?

Once I hear back, I will have a better idea of where to send you.

Thanks.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

oh, I didn't even think about that - kind of important info, huh? haha! I will be coming north on 65.

Thanks so much in advance for the help!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

There are a number of decent places off the Old Hickory Boulevard/Brentwood exit. A few of them are tucked away in the Maryland Farms area. I remember staying at the Courtyard Marriott years ago and found it to be decent.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

Old Hickory Blvd in Brentwood is good, however being unfamiliar with the area and late at night, the hotels would be a bear to find.

You might try the Cool Spring Blvd exit in Franklin on the south side of town. There is a Hampton Inn/Suites off to the left of the interstate. At 8a, traffic may be a little bit of a pain in the A.M.

If you feel up to it, you may want to go through town, up I-65 off Long Hollow Pike, around exit 97, I believe, there is another Hampton Inn up there.

Search those 2 areas, you should find something OK.

Stay away from the east side of the loop, down by the Stadium (Jefferson St), stay away from Trinity Lane and Dickerson Rd.

Good luck and drive safe.

Daytona/Port Orange
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

holiday inn express in downtown has an excellent reputation. Rooms are around 108, but ask if they charge for parking.

Its a block from the freeway

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

John, vol, magellan - thank you so much! I'll check out all these places. That helps a lot - many thanks! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

The Hampton Inn Goodlettsville seems like it's in a convenient spot - I think I'll probably book here since it's a little north of the city. Thanks again!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

Good luck and drive safe.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

I recommend making a reservation for a nice value-priced hotel like Hampton Inn (or Fairfield Inn or Holiday Inn Express). Then while you're driving there, stop at a rest stop or welcome center and pick up one of those hotel coupon books that are distributed free there. They often have VERY GOOD DEALS. For example, I see Hampton Inns in there for $55-$65 and they are usually $89+. Similar to the other hotels. But stick to nice hotels owned by reputable chains (Hilton owns Hampton Inns, Marriott owns Fairfield Inns) or else you could end up in some run down skanky motel. First, call ahead to the hotel offering the coupon. They'll tell you the rates are for walk ins only, not for phone-ahead reservations, but then ask them if they have many rooms left at that rate. They may say "Yes we have 29 rooms" so you may feel comfortable canceling your reservation and using the coupon walk-up rate (as we did twice this summer). If they won't tell you, or they have so few you feel nervous about taking a gamble and canceling your reservation, then at least you have your reservation to fall back on. You will save a lot of money ($25 - $40 per night) this way.

My second tip is to not book through travel agencies like Travelocity or Expedia. You will get the same rate or better at the hotel's own web site and they have much better policies, like not charging your credit card until you check out and cancelation with full refund up until 6 p.m. the evening of your scheduled arrival. The agencies charge your card right away and charge you for cancellations within certain days of arrival and it's more of a hassle to get a refund. With the hotels you don't need to ask for a refund because they don't charge your card in advance.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel off Interstate - $100-150 for one night - please help!

volrichard - thanks!

imager - good tips! thanks!!! :)