We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Ole Opry

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Ole Opry

I have not read any reviews on the GOO. Lets hear from someone who has been, or a local, who has first hand info. First of all what part of town is it in? How do you get choice seats? Do they have any kind of a diagram for seating to select from?How long are the shows? Is there parking near the building? Will it be crowded in last Saturday of October. Should we buy our tickets early? Thanks, as always for all your good help.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Ole Opry

I've been to the GOO several times. If I have my directions right, it is located north of downtown, out by Opry Mills and the Gaylord Entertainment Center. The show is 2 hours long and they have 1 show on Friday night and 2 shows on Saturday, one at 6:30 (usually televise the 7 pm portion of this show) and the 2nd starts at 9:30. We prefer the 2nd show; it seems like you hear more music and don't have the 'dead time' for tv commercials. There is parking available, but it is harder to get parking for the 2nd show than the first as you need to arrive before the first show is out and Opry Mills people also park in the same lots! If you are wanting to go to the Opry in October, I would suggest calling for tickets ASAP, the good seats go early! And I would think that the seats would already be limited for that date! And you can find a seating chart on line and see where your tickets will be located!

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Ole Opry

The new GOO is out by Opry Mills Mall and Opryland Hotel.......off of Briley Parkway.

The Gaylord Entertainment Center is the sports arena downtown.

The Ryman Auditorium (the old GOO) is near there. They do some shows occasionally from the Ryman. It is a neat place to tour during the day if you want to hear about the history of the place.

The Country Music Hall of Fame is downtown, too.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Ole Opry

Oops! Thanks for the correction! When I said Gaylord Entertainment, I was thinking about the OpryLand Hotel! My mistake!!!!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Ole Opry

I went last year and had an enjoyable time, but it's only a poor facsimile of its former self. The Minnie Pearl immitator was weak ( had a northern accent!). The biggest star on the bill was Jeanie Seeley. It's an OK evening if the right people are there but the "electricity" of the old days is gone. Still, it's fun to be an audience at a live radio show.

Essex,England
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Ole Opry

We went to the Opry in August on our visit from England. I booked tickets online at Opry.Com (its got a ticketmaster link). The seats were good, we went to the earlier Saturday show,the two shows did not have the same acts we saw Martina McBride who wasn't on the later show. It was a good experience, the amount of advertisements during the show especially for Cracker Barrel took us by surprise. The acts were variable in quality, but it was something we wanted to do and you have to accept this. ; Plenty of places to eat across the road in Oprymill - we went to the Alabama Grill where the service was very good, country music act was OK and the food was fine.

Most admit that while in Nashville if you are interested in Bluegrass Music check out the Station Inn, we had a fantastic night there.

KY
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Ole Opry

Depending on which acts are there (and you don't know until a week or two in advance), you can get good seats the week of. If you haven't been before and are a big country music fan, ask for seats in the "Gold" area. They are only about ten dollars more and well worth it to see and hear up close. I can't imagine I'm the only person who ever got tears in their eyes the first time at the Grand Ole Opry. A must do once in your life.

www.opry.com should answer the rest of your questions.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Ole Opry

Hi - I am glad you asked these questions mollybud. I am hoping to go for the first time in April. An aniversary surprise for my hubby. It is something we have talked about doing for a long time. My question is, should I buy the tickets this far in advance, or wait and see what the schedule is going to be? I see from their Oct. schedule that they have some famous acts coming - if I wait to buy for April - am I risking it - or should I buy now and be happy with what we get!?

Thanks so much for the help - I am a fish out of water in Nashville!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Ole Opry

Just my opinion, Smokiesgrl, I'd order tickets now and get the best seats possible. As others have said, they don't finalize the schedule until shortly before the show. You'll get to see some good acts no matter when you go, and it's even better when you're really close to the stage.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Ole Opry

I agree with the earlier post ---- go ahead and order tickets now for better seating! It seems like they usually have some of the newer acts every week end now!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Ole Opry

Ok - thank you both very much, I will do that tomorrow.