We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas to stay

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Areas to stay

It seems that there's lots of different areas to stay in Nashville. Is there one that would be considered the centre..? I'm doing the Nashville marathon in November which starts by the Hard Rock cafe at 1st and Broadway. Close to there would be good but I'd rather be in a great area and travel to the marathon if that would make for a better experience. Any tips much appreciated

Green River, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas to stay

If you want to be in the central tourist area of downtown, you will want to stay between Charlotte Ave and Korean Veterans Parkway north to south and 1st and 8th Ave east to west. I would consider any hotel in this area walking distance to the start line.

The hotels in this area are likely to be quite expensive. While the I Run For The Party races (I assume that is the one you are participating in) doesn't attract as many out of towners as, say, the Rock N Roll Marathon, there will still be quite a few folks staying downtown, meaning prices will likely rise. If they are out of your range, I suggest looking in the West End/Vanderbilt area. You can take a cab downtown for less than $10 the day of the race. Many hotels have shuttles, but they may not be running as early as you need them.

I ran this half in 2010 and 11 and it was great. The IRFTP people are really nice and they promote a fun and friendly atmosphere. Plus, free beer at the end of the run!

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas to stay

Thanks Downola.

3. Re: Areas to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16